Weekend Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Vonroc, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Got started 8:00 pm Saturday night went to Delaware iced over. Headed south to Alum Creek - Howard Rd. very small area with no ice . Fished for a couple hours no bites. Went south toward deeper water, found a large area with no ice - no bites. Fished till 1:30am.
    Went back to Alum on Sunday in the area of deeper water, caught only 2 but was a nice day. Saw a couple of guys that had been fishing all day had a nice stringer full. Here is a few pics of my catch.

Attached Files:

2. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice fish. What were you using for bait? How deep were you fishing? How did it taste?:big_smile:

3. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Trophy Hunter, I was fishing from the bank using cut shad not sure but I'll guess around 12'. Taste - CPR always

4. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Congrats on the December cats !

5. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice job,might have to take a trip over to alum and give it a try,i still have plenty of shad i caught w/my cast net last year,might as well use em,aint nothing happening at indian lake lately.

6. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Yep,Catman37 you need to give it a try. My shad were put in the freezer since June, still works. I'm having best luck during the day, not to say you can't catch them at night though just doing better in day time. I'm making long cast to deeper water , using 12' spinning outfit and a 8' baitcaster. I can really reach out and touch someone with that 12 footer.Saw a nice stringer of what looked to be 6 or7 cats. I know there were using shad I saw a cast net. The area where they were using the net is loaded with smaller shad. I'm using cut larger shad, but have used 2 or3 " whole shad with good results. As always fresh better than frozen, but either is working. I will keep fishing until it is solid ice.Maybe I'll see you on the water just look for the crazy fool packing a big red back pack or the only guy fishing late at night in the cold.

Hey man that will be me!