Weekend Fishing Report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by TxRiverman, May 15, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    How good or how bad was the fishing for all the B.O.C. members this weekend(Please include your general location and what bait you used)?

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Absolutley horrible. The Illinois river is way down. I used my normal slip rigs with cut shad as bait on Saturday. Sunday I didn't get out but my girlfriend did all they caught was a gar, and a paddlefish in the cast net. Those both got tossed back in since the paddlefish weren't in season. Even a lot of the baitfish got sent back. We really need more water on the Illinois River. The fish just aren't biting.

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Neosho river SE Kansas. The water level is great the fish are biting. Friday night total 1 flathead about 11/2 pounds. Only fished for about 2 hours, had to leave early because daugther car had a flat tire on the HWY so I had to go and rescue her.

Did talk to other guys that fished and they did pretty good.

4. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    I fished Charles Mills lake here in ohio sat night and did pretty good on some nice eater channels, all my fish were caught on cut shad in shallow water.

5. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    In north mississippi here. I fished with my brother for 7 hours in a few ponds with worms and had not one bite. We know there are plenty and big catfish in there.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I fished in the Susquehanna here in PA, and caught 7 channels in 4 hours. smallest went 16 inches, biggest was 22 inches. All were caught on cut gills/chubs.

7. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Missouri River, 60 degrees, high, dingy. Fishing...... TERRIBLE. Fished two dikes 7 hours a piece. not one fish.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Typical May on Lake Wylie, SC.

I have fished some every day since the 11th and the average has been 11 per trip 4-5 hour trip, all in the 4-6 pound range. I had one day where I caught 33, but 23 of them were one pound bullheads I caught while catching bait.

Best day this month was May 1st. I caught 30 channels, most in the 4-5 pound range, and one blue that was nine pounds.

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Channels are bitin' good right now at Lake Tawakoni here in Texas. We caught a mess of'em two stright weekends in a roll. Fishin' in about 2' -4' of water. Using DK and or shad. Two weekends ago the channels were full of roll this past weekend they all seemed to be spawned out but still in shallow water bitin' good.

10. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    We were down at Fishing Creek Resovior and the Cedar Creek dam near Great Falls, SC. The fishing was really poor this past weekend. It seems they weren't pulling enough water to get the fish stirring. We saw a few other boats pull one or two small channels out...maybe close to a pound each. We're going to the Congaree this weekend in Columbia, SC. I'll keep everyone updated next week.

11. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    By the way, at Cedar Creek dam and Fishing Creek, we were using cut gills, cut/whole shad and even threw a nightcrawler on there to see if anything would bit. Just wanted to let you guys know what kind of bait we tried.

12. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lake Grapevine, Texas(Dallas/Fort worth area).

Whole dead shad, 15 inch carp as bait,minnows.

Shad caught 2 4# blues, 2 2# channels
    Carp didnt get a bite.
    Minnows got 2 crappie and a sandbass.

13. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Hey, Todd last weekend went down to Ceder Creek cought about a hundred cat ( mixed blues and channels ), but for that lake that was a bad day. We should have fished at night but we was to tired.

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    fished at camp spot, started friday afternoon and quit sunday morning. caught 1 drum. Still the worst catfisherman in Tennessee

Danny

15. CountryCarp14

CountryCarp14 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey my weekend was not all that well i got a couple carp bites but other than that it sucked. But at the lake i got a good 808 fishin real.

16. reel pleasure

reel pleasure New Member

State:
    New jersey
    The one night i forget my digital camera and....
    caught a 25 inch striper,1/2 dozen smaller stripers about 12-18 inches, a small walleye.....finished up about 9-30 and casually made my way back to the ramp.....
    thats when it got interestin,
    firetrucks,policemen,tow trucks,nice lil crowd.....
    Seems,someone forgot to put his brand smackin new dodge ram into park after backing down the ramp.
    half the windshield and the roof were the only parts out of the water.Took 3, t-h-r-e-e tow trucks to get the thing out.
    One cable snapped the first try,so i guess they needed two more,finally they realized the ramp drops about 4 feet and the front end wasn't going anywhere for another eight horus when the tide changed or the front end was lifted up over the ledge.
    I felt a lil bad about smiling the whole time,but noone was hurt,except the mans pride,he was white as a ghost,and his wife was about as red as the firetruck.
    11:30 at night and there was a line waiting to get boats out of the water and a line waiting to put them in.