Weekend fishing report

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by rcneman, May 7, 2006.

1. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    hmmm....bang my head against the wall...memory not so good anymore!

Friday evening after work, hit the cumberland steam plant for a "quick run" of skippies, then was gonna hit yellow creek, under the bridge for some cat action.
    What was that saying about best made plans...sheesh! :angry: Ended up spending the whole time at the steam plant just to whip out 3 skippies...oh well, i was certain things would be better on the river in the boat on saturday. peeps were catching small cats and lots of 5-10 lb drum...drum were thick in the canal....

Launched at the boat ramp near the steam plant about 8 am on saturday.
    Hit a hole where we had caught several blues before...Nothing

decided to go work a couple creeks that poured into the cumberland in the area...caught one yellow bass. Powered on up the river a few miles and fished some bluffs...another yellow bass for an hour or two's effort for the 3 of us. Figured the blue's might be hungry since it was lunch time and head back to our "blue cat hole"...Nothing.

Talked to 5 or 6 other boater's and they reported the same success...lol tough day on the river, but it was certainly an awesome day to be out and on the water.

fished a bit this evening on cheatham lake with small gills...nada

cyas
    rc

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    We fished all day Sat on MS River with one fish(21#) to show for it. Had a few bites but no other hookups or anything.

3. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    i went to my spot on the Tn river close to cane creek after the shell cracker . and cought 30 crackers and my fish partner cought 60 all males and they where slow but this week the females should move in and itll be all you can do to keep up with one pole. 100 to 200 a day will be upcoming very soon :cool2: im headed back out thursday morn about 5am if any one wants to fallow me down there email me Loquaclous@aol.com i have a guest in my boat for the day but any of you are more than welcome to follow me down there and lanuch you boat or fish from the bank the cats are spawnning there to and are very healthy cats

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Hey Michael,did ya'll catch any big shellcrackers? We aregoing to Nickajack tomorrow. Like you we caught several males last week and very few females.Been catchin some pretty nice channels too.

5. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    How do you fish for skip jack around here? And what are skip jack? I have never fished for them but I here they are great bait for Catfish. Can sure use any information you can give me.

Daryl

6. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Cheez ,
    yes we cought some very big shell crakers and this weekend is the first full moon and the females should be moving in shallow too. i cant wait ive been after them for awhile and ive paid my dues. :0a22:we had a full moon last night too.

7. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    aftercats,
    if you live in clarksville and want some skip jack ill take you down to some private docks and you can catch coolers full of huge skip jacks 1,2,3, pds very good ones for cutting pockets out of. FAST AND EASY .. i got my frezzer full of them for the summer. and if you want all the shad you can handle i got the place where you can fill coolers up of them too. :0a23: e-mail me well hook up Loquaclous@aol.com

8. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN

9. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois