Weekend fishing on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DeerHunter01, Sep 30, 2007.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well Winston Bush (Metalman) came down from Indiana to do some fishing this weekend and to give his new 997 Csi a work out and we managed to work it out ..lol

We started out with a good evening the first night, We set up on a good spot thats been getting us fish in a flat area of the river with no structure anywhere near it. Its just a flat along the river thats about 21 to 24 feet deep.

We ended up with 7 fish and about 90 lbs. Winston got a 15 pound flathead and I got a 34 lb bluecat and the rest of the fish were 10 pounds and under.

The next day we headed out to get a few fish but it was after a cold front came in and we didn't get very many fish but had alot of hits they would grab it and just go to load up the pole and let go of the bait.

We ended up with two fish around 10 pounds each.

Today we got up nice and early and took off to get a few skipjacks and to do a little fishing we ended up with several skips and 1 bluecat around 10 pounds, I have attached some of the pictures of our trip this weekend.

Since the water temps are starting to drop off it looks like it might only get better for the winter feed up.

Attached Files:

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    A few more pictures of the fishing trip.

Attached Files:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looking Good Ole Buddy!

Winston is going to love that fish finder.

You still have to help me get mine set right, dang thing won't maintain contact with the bottom at cruising speeds :angry:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for the report and pics. Now how did you understand anything he was sayin? LOL!

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Paul: Most of them don't, it seems if you get them set for fish arches then you have no bottom contact, the only way to make them have good contact with the bottom is drop it down more in the water, as long as it is level then you should still be good on the arches.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice catfish, Eric.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks for the pics, looks like you boys had a good time!

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    George,
    Theer tha guz agen mekin trouble. D.H. knows rate well worram on abart.
    A rekn tha just peeved cos we av blue uns dern eer and tha stuck wi just channels.
    Thas n'right t'bi sayin' tha'. I allus thot me'n'thee wa mates. Dunna thee mek mi afta come oer theer an' githee a smack rernd tab.
    Na be off withee an get summat done.
    Tha not rate thee...W

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    As alway a great weekend spent at the Simcox family country estate.
    I must say I am so impressed fact that fame hasn't changed Eric at all.
    He is still the same down to earth all around good guy that he's always been.
    Of course there are a few benefits that come from being a celebrity; now that he is a famous TV personality he has a whole slew of staff to accommodate his every need. Within the space of an hour I personally witnessed:

A person climb ashore to hold his boat in position while he made casts for skips.
    2 persons removing said skips from hooks so all Eric had to do was cast and reel.
    Another person who backs his trailer down the ramp so he just has to drive on.
    2 other persons who take care of strapping the boat down.
    The list goes on and on from picking up ice to late night orders of spicy wings.
    Thanks for a great weekend big guy, see you again soon...W

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing a great story and pics to back it up. Enjoyed. Glad it worked out for you. Appreciated.