Weekend Fishing - Is anyone going in California

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Lil Hooker, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Is anyone going to do any fishing this weekend? I'm planning on hitting the water might fish near candlestick park not sure might hit the pump in the delta need to see how the water flows are.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey bro, I am up to fish. When and where?????

3. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I'm going to wait till wednesday night before I know where I'll be but if you want to hook up we can meet out in the lower delta. I will let you know tomorrow for sure

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Let me know John. I have a ton of large sinkers and they will come in handy with the currents. I could do Thur evening, Fri am. Let me know. Excited now:)

5. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    we'll need them the last time I was out there I tied up 2 7oz weights just to hold the bottom. I know of a good spot for stripers but you have to be there right at the top of the tide. My buddy Gil who went fishing with us has caught 2 decent size stripers in the last week one at 10 and the other at 9 pounds.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I think the egg sinkers I got got to 3oz. but I got a freezer bag full of em;) I like stripes!!!!!!

7. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I'm not sure if you have a delta map or not but the pump is near decker island easy access and easy to find. I will call you tonight to see whats up for the weekend.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, I got a delta map. I will look it up. Is that the south delta? Talk to you tonight.

9. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    It's just south of Rio Vista in between decker and sherman island. If you look for the sacramento river just south of rio vista you will see decker island then you will also see horseshoe bend it's in that area. That's almost on the other side of the delta we can also try another spot near 8 mile road which has tons of cats no monsters out of there yet but tons of cats and a few stripers. Lots of snags and but you don't need more than 4-5oz lead. I'm trying to see what the tides look like and also the flows of the rivers.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I never fished that area. Is it flooded? That is on the other side of the delta:p . Where is 8 mile rd near? trying to get my fix on the location. Oh...I pm'd you my number just in case you have my old cell. I got my delta map out;)

11. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Eight mile rd. is near stockton the spot I'm talking about is near Phil's spot over near sugar cut.

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You talking bout Wiskey slough, Wind mill cove, turner cut? That you refer to as "8 mile rd"? Now Decker Is. is North West of that spot?

13. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Hey Rob go ahead and call me when ever I have to wait 500 seconds before sending you another private message

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey John, just got off the phone from you. I called Vini and he's eager to hook a stripe;) I am checking things out too on the "local scene". Lets campare notes;) All sounds like a done deal. Looking forward to it:)

15. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Lets do it:thumbsup:

16. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    In the last 2 days i've gotten so much work i need 4 guys to help me , i have 2 for tomorrow to help so i'm out for this weekend.

At least i'll have some money for a delta pole ;) catch you guys on the next one.

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey bro ther vini.... You know there will never be a next time:p You all work and no play:rolleyes: LOL!!!! Just got a new dual fuel comanlantern for my birthday:) I sure needed a new one too. My daughter new exactly what to get me.

18. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    i'll be hitting the water...early in the morn'. good luck to you! :haha:

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well I wish you were near me, I would be fishing with you;)

20. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Hey Robb sent you an email sorry bout this weekend.