Weekend fishing / Cumberland River

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by canepole, Nov 23, 2006.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I was just sitting here wondering if any of you local's are going out catting this weekend, I'll be out there tomorrow and saturday. Anybody know if the skips are turned on at the steam plant yet..Thanks Tom

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    well I don't guess any of you all are going out on the cumberland river this weekend, or your away from the computer, its about four o'clock here and I am going to head out about day lite.

3. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I'll be out there on the river today freezing my A$$ off, if you all are out there and see me, give me a shout.and I wish you luck out there.

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    going to the steam plant after while...will post up if anything worthwhile happens.

cyas
    rc

5. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    i'll be there in a bit too.

6. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went to the steam plant this morning at 7 am and stayed to 1030 and caught 2 skipjacks it was slow i saw 7 caught while i was there good luck. it was cold.

7. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    I caught 8 in 2.5 hours or so.

One came off the hook short and floped back in before I could get my mitts on it though.

8. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    We were out there freezing our butts off most of the day, we got plenty of action but not the action we were looking for, all pecks. I don't reckon I had any real good hits.
    One of the local catfish Guides [K.J]was out there with a TV crew, I don't know if he had any luck or not.
    I wished I had the week off and plenty of bait, I would be out there everyday. I love this winter fishing.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Tom hang in there. The fish will turn on for you again. And when they do. Watch out. It will be like old times again.
    Pete

10. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went after skipjack again but only caught two fished for 2 hrs it was cold most people were fishing for strippers. fished from 7am to 9 am.

11. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Pete, I'm after one particular bluecat, and I am trying a method that coach used to catch his bigun. It may take awhile, And I may never get him, But I am darn sure giving it a try, Hope you have a merry Xmas and I am looking forward to seeing you at the Fish & Camp.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29533

12. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    a bit late, but i caught a couple skips on sat. as well. Took a few hours but i have bait in the freezer now..yippee! lol

13. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    Oh, and I snagged a shad while I was there too.