Week 4 - Who deserves to be unbeaten?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Arizona @ Atlanta - Warner is starting for sure now and Leinart will stay sidelined. Coach says that the Cards are still a playoff team and will make it, but the Falcons, after a disappointing loss to the Saints have to rebound if they want to stay on track. I pick the Falcons, but if Warner can get his throw on, there may be enough big plays between Boldin and Fitz that they could pull off plenty of points. But I doubt they can stop Mike Vick and Warrick Dunn.

Dallas @ Tennessee - The Boys are continuing a strong run against a weak team. With Owens in the hospital now due to that alleged overdose of pain meds, Parcells may not let him play. The Cowboys will run all over this rebuilding team.

Miami @ Houston - Two struggling teams are pitted against each other. Carr as far as QB rating is one of the best in the league, but they can't seem to pull off a win. They have a questionable position at RB but if Pepps turns it over enough to Robinson and there Dbacks Houston may pull off their first win. But then again, after a disappointing season last year they went on a 7 (?) game win streak.

Minnesota @ Buffalo - A possible playoff (wildcard) team against another team that has hopes of making a comeback. I'll take minnesota in this one.

New Orleans @ Carolina - What a flip-flop? Carolina is supposed to win the superbowl, or so says most preseason predictions, but New Orleans is riding a wave of Victory and emotion. First time in franchise history they were 3-0? The Panthers have been disappointing thus far but maybe it was that loss of Smith taht just dropped the morale of the team the first 2 games. NO beat 2 weak teams then beat who at the time was considered to be the best team in the division. Carolina had two disappointing losses then edged out a win against one of the weakest teams in the NFC....

San Diego @ Baltimore - Another big show-down. The Chargers had a bye-week, and therefore more time to prepare for them, and the Ravens are coming off a near-loss against the Browns. That either means they'll try and prove something, or that they aren't the great team they looked like in weeks 1 and 2. The Chargers have great players at TE and possibly the best RB in the league and a relatively new QB who has gotten the job done so far. Maybe the extra preparation will give them the Edge. And with Denver on a bye-week to prepare for Baltimore, the Ravens could be seeing some trouble this next two weeks.

San Francisco @ Kansas City - Maybe LJ will have his breakout game of the season. KC held the Broncos to 3 field goals in their 9-6 defeat, but lately the 49ers have shown they can throw up some big points onto the board. This game could be the turning point for either team.

Detroit @ St Louis - And here we go again, two weaker teams that have played some good games, but don't have a lot to show for it. Both teams seem to be having trouble finding the end-zone. In week one they had to settle for only field goals. I think the Rams may be able to outcoach the Lions. St Louis is familiar with Destroit's new offensive scheme and the D has shown it can shut down some offenses when everything is right.

Cleveland @ Oakland - Who is the worst team in the AFC? Oakland continues to struggle, but the Browns almost eeked out a win against the unbeaten Ravens. Whoever gets the upper hand first will ride the momentum to win the game. Be it a long pass to Moss, a break-away run from Jordan, or the pounding up the middle from Cleveland or a Kellen Winslow TD.

Jacksonville @ Washington - A scary opponent for a 1-2 Redskins team that is looking to break even. Jacksonville lost by a TD against what is considered the best offense in the league. Washington has portis back and will be looking to establish the run against a great run-blocking team. I think Jacksonville will win, but just like how the Saints had emotion flowing in their last game, Washington will have emotion going here, because in the NFL there is a BIG difference between being 2-2 and 1-3.

New England @ Cincinatti - After that loss to Denver, The Patriots will be looking to come back but I doubt they can overcome the balanced offense of the Bengals. Tom Brady will be able to score points, but the question is whether or not the D can stop Palmer and Johnson

Seattle @ Chicago - THIS is the battle of the giants! two undefeated teams, one coming off a rhomping, the other getting a taste of what a good team can do. Both will be well-prepared and it will be a battle of which defense wears down the quickest. Without Alexander how will Seattle fair?

MNF! Green Bay @ Philadelphia - Expect Mcnabb and Favre to have a shootout...the only difference, even though Favre will have more passing yards, Mcnabb and the Iggles will have more TDs. Favre has better be wary of Dawkins and the defensive backfield.

2. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is a turning point for many teams. While Denver, Pittsburgh, NYG, and Tampa have byes, the latter 3 are wondering where the team is going. Denver on the other hand will be looking forward after their offense and defense made an impressive stand against the Pats.

Whoops...I seem to have missed the Indy and NYJ games...we all know how that'll likely go.

Many teams are 1-2 and are looking for a win while others who are 2-1 and wanting to keep their playoff hopes going. There are a couple sets of undefeated teams whose games very well could be the deciding factor in the number 1,2,3 or 4 seeds in the playoffs.

3. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    this how i see this weeks games goin .

atl over arizona
    dallas over tenn
    indy over nyj
    mia over houston
    minnesota over buffalo
    carolina over NO
    baltimore over SD
    KC over SF
    st.louis over Detroit
    cleveland over oakland
    jacksonville over wash.
    CINCINNATI crushin new england
    chicago over seattle
    philly over GB

4. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Lets go with Falcons,Cowboys,Dolphins,Vikings,Saints,Chargers,Chiefs,Rams,Jaguars,Beangals,Colts,Eagles

5. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Dimitri,
    Parcells isn't debating playing Owens because of the pill deal, it is because of his broken hand that he was out for 2-4 weeks with. it has only been 2 weeks

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know that, but if you'd look, the post was made before his press conference and everything when the media still said it was a suicide attempt. TO says he will play this week, but if it wasn't an accident and he really was trying to harm himself, The Tuna is the kind of coach that would bench a player for acting like an idiot like that.

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    T.O. said it wasn't media says it was. WHo do you believe??

8. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That was before they had all of the details.

9. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    that's not being an idiot. the eagles had worries last year about TO battling depression. he needs some help and even though i do not like him this problem is far greater than football. A suicide attempt is not something to blame on being an idiot. I hope he gets the help he needs and can live after football

10. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    IRVING, Texas - What a turn of events Thursday out here at The Ranch.

First Terrell Owens practiced for the first time since fracturing his fourth metacarpal in his right hand Sept. 17, putting on the pads and going through the near two-hour workout with the Dallas Cowboys.

Then later Thursday afternoon, the Dallas Police Department officially classified Owens' emergency trip to Baylor Medical Center Tuesday night as an "accidental overdose," not an attempted suicide as had been widely reported across the nation.

That's basically what Owens contended during his press conference here Wednesday afternoon after being released from the hospital in the morning. He said he suffered no more than an adverse reaction from combining his pain medication with his daily supplements.

While Dallas Police Department chief David Kunkle, who held a press conference Thursday afternoon, did not exactly back down from the initial reporting officers' report describing the incident as a possible suicide attempt, he did say no crime was committed and his department's investigation is ending.

"We have great confidence in the accuracy of the original officers' offense report," Kunkle said. "We believe that report reflects what the officers were told and observed at the scene of the incident and at Baylor Hospital."

Soon after the first report was leaked to several media outlets, the Dallas Police Department issued a redacted report Wednesday morning which had several statements, including anything concerning a suicide attempt, blacked out from the original report. But Kunkle pointed out investigators were also sent to Baylor Tuesday night, and their report is the one that is being officially filed in the DPD's records.

But on Thursday, after classifying the case as an accidental overdose, Kunkle said he found no reason to further investigate the case.

"The reason we are letting that finding stand is because at the end of the day, I don't believe there is any public interest for us to continue our investigation," he said. "You or I or no one will know exactly what happened because you would have to get inside Mr. Owens' head to know whether it was an attempted suicide or accidental overdose."

Owens did not speak to the media on Thursday, but he did practice for the first time since suffering a broken bone in his right hand in the Cowboys' 27-10 win over Washington on Sept. 17. He has been listed as questionable on the Cowboys' injury report.

So now the obvious question is:

Will he play Sunday?

Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells didn't have that answer Thursday, and said he likely will not make a decision until Saturday night, after the team arrives in Nashville, Tenn.

So before he clears Owens to play, just what does Parcells need to see?

"The same thing I need to see from every player," Parcells said. "That he looks like he's functional and prepared with the game plan."

In the brief portion of practice open to the media, Owens didn't appear to have problems catching passes with a metal plate inserted in his hand during surgery on Sept. 18. Although he was wearing receiver gloves, he said last week he probably would wear a protective pad on his hand.

Still, there will likely be some pain or discomfort in catching the ball. Parcells said he didn't notice Owens having any problems during Thursday's practice.

"Again, I don't really know much about that," Parcells said of Owens' pain tolerance. "I thought he did fine. But that's something you'll have to ask him about."

Owens was in the locker room Thursday but chose not to speak to reporters.

While the scene was less chaotic than Wednesday, when Valley Ranch was surrounded by a dozen satellite trucks and as many as three helicopters surveying the area, Thursday was still buzzing.

Along with the police announcing a new classification for the incident, the official 911 tape also was released Thursday, revealing a nervous Kim Etheredge, Owens' publicist and friend, talking to emergency officials.

Etheredge on Wednesday denied that Owens tried to harm himself and that she told the medical staff Owens was depressed, which was also in the original police report.

Although Owens did not speak to reporters on Thursday, his actions alone, including his participation in practice, seem to suggest the incident was not as dramatic as initially reported.

Parcells, who said he had little information on Wednesday when he met with reporters following practice, said Thursday he knew more on the subject, but wouldn't say he had "full" knowledge of what took place.

"I don't know that you could say the word 'full' is appropriate, but I listened to all of the information that was available," Parcells said. "When I was sitting here yesterday, I know a couple of people here intimated I knew more than I said I did and that wasn't true. I'd been on the field for three hours before coming in here. I didn't have any interim time, just walked in here, so I wasn't really up to knowing too much except the hearsay that was going on. I hadn't seen the player and I didn't know he was even here at the time.

"It's a little difficult situation for me to be thrust into, but I told you what I knew (Wednesday), which was not very much. Now, I listened to all this stuff and the situation now is I have to, as a coach, rely on other people to keep me informed as to really what's going on."

Parcells said his biggest concerns are getting his team ready for the Titans and figuring out Owens' playing status.

"I can't form my own opinion other than those involving, is his hand functional and does it look like he can play on Sunday," Parcells said. "If my medical people tell me that those things are in place and it looks like he's prepared, then we'll make that consideration at that time. Other than that I have to rely on others to inform me as to anything that's not directly pertinent to the aspect of playing football."

Fortunately for Parcells, the Cowboys and certainly Owens, that is exactly what he was doing on Thursday - playing football.

While it was just practice, it was a positive sign for his health, and for his potential ability to play Sunday in Nashville.

"I'm happy he was . . . I don't think anybody would not be happy that he was there," Parcells said of Owens returning to practice. "And we have two days to get him up to speed and that kind of thing. We'll just see how it goes. I'm not sure where we're going to be on it when Saturday comes."

At least the chance Owens could play looks much better than it did earlier in the week.

OK nwo even the police chief is sayign that it was an overdose. It was confirmed that it was never fact that it was a suicide attempt. Do you really need more at this point??