Week 3 Undefeated or Just Defeated?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Because this is only week 3, we are having several games that will be make or break. Several 2-0 teams will be pitted against each other, as well as several 0-2 teams. And for some of those teams, it will be there chance to prove they are a good team or for the rest of the NFL to prove that they played crappy teams.

Panthers @ Bucs - Two strugglings teams...the Paper-bowl champions are sputtering terribly but I think they'll pull off their first win, even if Tampa manages to get actually get a TD

Bears @ Vikings -Tough Call. Both are solid teams, but I feel the Bears are better, however, with a veteren QB the Vikings may be able to outlast the bears with the short passing game and continually pounding the ball hoping to break off a long one as they drain the clock.

Bengals @ Steelers - The Tigers will rout the champs. Ben hasn't had enough time to FULLY recover from his accident or surgery, not to mention get into the hang of things. I am wanting to see 85 get "more physical" though, lol.

Packers @ Lions - Who will finish last in the division? The Lions had a close game with the Hawks, but can they stop Favre if he gets things rolling?

Jags @ Colts I doubt it will happen this week, but I want to see Jacksonville march into Indy and stuff the run, forcing the colts to either use a 90% passing game or suffer no gains and losses on the ground. If you are forced to become too one sided big mistakes will happen. But who knows, maybe Manning will be able to pick the defense apart before they pick him from forced passes due to pass rush

Jets @ Bills - After a close game with the Pats, the Bills may be showing signs of light, but then again, this isn't the defending superbowl champion patriots we usually think of. If the Jets can establish the Pass look for this one to be over.

Titans @ Fins Two struggling teams, but the Dolphins have more plusses going for them, expect them to take their first win at home.

Skins @ Texans Both teams have been surprising, the Texans for the Good, the Skins for the Bad, but whic team is better? If Portis plays they should be able to set up some big-gain play action passes after establishing a run game.

Ravens @ Brown - The Ravens D will be able to shine, and the offense will be able to work out some kinks.

Giants @ Seahawks - The battle of well...Giants...and Chawks? Unless Alexander and Hasselbeck and get their games on, Eli and the Giants Offense will run away with the game, even though Seattle does have a good D.

Eagles @ 49ers Alex Smith may continue to do well, and even if it becomes a shootout, the Iggles will pull off a win.

Rams @ Cards - Both teams have something to play for, this game for them, is the difference between a winning and losing season, could turn into a shootout. The Rams have the better D, but the Cards have the better O.

Broncos @ Pats - My game of the week. Back in Foxborough, just as the weather is cooling down some more. The Broncos historically have sputtered terribly the first 1-2 games and then set it back on track, and the Patriots have been struggling a little bit but squeeking out some wins. I think the Broncos D will shut down the Pats long enough to let Plummer get back into his groove and start things off again.

Falcons @ Saints - MNF! two undefeated teams, important divisional game. The Falcons have proven they have a good Defense, and that Mike Vick is turning into a little more of a QB, but before he is a QB, he is an athlete. If he can't throw his legs can still move the chains. But they will be up against the 2-0 Saints, who managed to pull out two fairly close victories against 2 really bad teams, so they have something to prove. They are finally going home, the Stadium will be packed and loud, all of the players rejuvenated with a new energy. It may be a close game. Coming home to a packed stadium looking to prove something is the Saints version of Notre Dame's Green Uniforms.

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hell of a run down Dmitri!! I used to do this sort of thing last season, but I don't work at that boring job anymore and I don't get on as much as I used to. Should be a good weekend of football!! I'll be at the Colts game going crazy and getting hammered!:tounge_out: Go Colts!!!

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Ryan. I'm ready to see the Colts game.