Week 2, More Upsets?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lots of big games this week, here's the rundown.

Buffalo @ Miami
    Carolina @ Minnesota
    Cleveland @ Cincinatti
    Detroit @ Chicago
    Houston @ Indianapolis
    New Orleans @ Green Bay
    NYG @ Philly
    Oakland @ Baltimore
    Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
    Arizona @ Seattle
    St Louis @ San Francisco
    KC @ Denver
    NE @ NYJ
    Tennessee @ San Diego
    Washington @ Dallas
    Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville

My picks fell through badly last week, and there are so many evenly matched teams that I don't even want to begin guessing. What do you guys think?

2. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Lets go with Dolphins,Vikings,Bengals,Bears,Colts,Saints,Giants,Ravens,Falcons,Seahawks,Rams,Broncos,Patriots,Chargers,Redskins,Jaguars

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Call me crazy, but I think the Jets are going to give the Pats a heck of a game! Chad Pennington looked good last week and the Pats team is hurting without Branch. Hopefully Ben Watson will catch a touchdown pass though so I can get some fantasy points.:smile2: My upset of the week, Jets over the Patriots.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Wow, you must be a real gambler! :haha:

5. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I dont really follow NFL until college football is over but i am a Denver fan and if Plummer dont have a better game Denver will be going nowhere fast

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois

Branch was nothing, the Pats don't need him. In a way Tom Brady is in a similar situation to that of Donovan McNabb. Except for 2004 Mcnabb did not have a solid WR to throw to, but he put up great numbers. Branch is Average at best, even if he did get that superbowl MVP. Tom Brady spreads the ball out and doesn't need a great WR to win games. Last year he was the league's leading passer. He had more passing yards that anyone, but did not have a single 1000 yard receiver. Just like how Peyton can make Reggie Wayne, an average at best WR look good, and Harrison, a good WR Great, Brady can make average WRs look good. The Patriots are hurting right now, but it isn't because of Branch, even if many people blame that situation.

7. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I am in a fantasy league and I have the Bears QB, last week he was sitting on the bench the whole game. I had no idea he was gonna have such a great game. So this week he is active and I hope the bears have a great game again.

8. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    well my one pick of the week is in the Dallas home opener. Dallas had a hard loss last week on the road against a team that they were favored against. Taking last year out of the picture in the past Dallas has owned the Redskins. No way they loose this week, I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas blew them out.

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well I am going to take back my comment of the Jets upsetting the Patriots. The game isn't over yet but the Pats are routing them hard core. The Patriots running game is extremely impressive. Maroney looks good and the Pats defense is doing a good job as well. Impressive!!

10. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Ryan the Pats did everythign they could to loose that game in the fourth. THe Pats just are not the same dominating team they used to be. But one major upset Carolina loosig to Minnesota, Where's Jim??? He has plenty of room to brag at this point.

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, after I posted that comment about the Patriots they fell apart and almost blew a 24 point lead to lose the game. That happens though when a team gets up big and gets lazy, Brady didn't do to bad though, threw 1 touchdown and 1 Interception, and fumbled the ball.:lol: Thank god for the Pats running game that's all I have to say.

12. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wooo, tough MNF game, I was glad to see the Jags pull out a win. I don't see it happening but I will be rooting for them to win the division.

13. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I know we have a lot of Steelers fans on here but ouch being shut out as the dfending superbowl champs. Well they are one of only two teams to have that honor, sharing it with the Raiders.

14. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Green Bay was shut out last week.

15. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

Dmitri as I said there have only been 5 shutouts ever of DEFENDING SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS 2 by the STeelers 3 by the Raiders.

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    and the raiders did it back to back to back.....pretty cool huh faders fans!!!!

17. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

LOL, yeah those Raiders are looking great again this year. At least last week they broke into that whole scoring thing. I figure their next goal will be a touchdown in a game, then maybe they can start thinking about winning a game. Good draft pick year for them.

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    not to worry good ole al Davis will blow that pick too!!! I hope He never dies 'cause the Raiders will suck as long as He is alive