Week 1, Kickoff The Season!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WEEK 1Thursday, Sep. 7 GAMETIMEMiami at Pittsburgh8:30 p.m.Sunday, Sep. 10 GAMETIMEAtlanta at Carolina1:00 p.m.Baltimore at Tampa Bay1:00 p.m.Buffalo at New England1:00 p.m.Cincinnati at Kansas City1:00 p.m.Denver at St. Louis1:00 p.m.New Orleans at Cleveland1:00 p.m.N.Y. Jets at Tennessee1:00 p.m.Philadelphia at Houston1:00 p.m.Seattle at Detroit1:00 p.m.Chicago at Green Bay4:15 p.m.Dallas at Jacksonville4:15 p.m.San Francisco at Arizona4:15 p.m.Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants8:15 p.m.Monday, Sep. 11 GAMETIMEMinnesota at Washington7:00 p.m.San Diego at Oakland10:15 p.m.

What's everyone think about this? I'm by no means an analyst, but let's have some rough guestimates on a win/loss bases.

The ones in bold are my predicted winners, but on a couple I just had to flip a coin, there will be a LOT of really good games this first week. What do you guys think?

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    i think me and you are in the same boat... hope bengals do good this year, but better than last year. i think they will have more wins than losses though :)

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whoops that messed up a bit...looks like I'll have to repost it and fix that..it all ran together.

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    lol jee thanks, nah Carson palmer is starting this year so yeah they will do good.

5. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WEEK 1
    Thursday, Sep. 7
    Miami at Pittsburgh 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sep. 10
    Atlanta at Carolina 1:00 p.m.
    Baltimore at Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m.
    Buffalo at New England 1:00 p.m.
    Cincinnati
    at Kansas City 1:00 p.m.
    Denver at St. Louis 1:00 p.m.
    New Orleans
    at Cleveland 1:00 p.m.
    N.Y. Jets at Tennessee 1:00 p.m.
    Philadelphia
    at Houston 1:00 p.m.
    Seattle
    at Detroit 1:00 p.m.
    Chicago
    at Green Bay 4:15 p.m.
    Dallas at Jacksonville 4:15 p.m.
    San Francisco at Arizona 4:15 p.m.
    Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants 8:15p.m.

Monday, Sep. 11 Minnesota at Washington 7:00 p.m.
    San Diego
    at Oakland 10:15 p.m.​

6. BAITFISH

BAITFISH New Member

State:
    Bringhurst,IN.
    I agree with most of your picks, but, i think Miami will beat Pitt without big Ben playing. Packers over the Bears, Browns over Saints. Chiefs/Bengals game could go either way and should be the best game of the week.

I finally have the NFL sunday ticket, with 2 TVs in the same room so
    I,M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Miami WILL smoke the burgh, And with KC @ home I think they win a squeeker over the Bungles

8. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    IMO the hardest one to call is KC against Cinci. And I don't know if you remember when Batch took over last time but he lead the team just fine. I would think that without big ben that the fins have a great chance, but I don't see them being able to dismantle the Steeler's Defense.

I would really truly like to see the Packers win this one, but I don't see it happening. Not with the Bear's Defense and Green Bay's slowly weakening offense.

The Browns/Saints game was also a tough call, but Cleveland has had so many problems with their O-line during the offseason I just don't know. I believe that between Brees and Bush the Saints will be able to pull off a couple big plays, maybe for TDs or to put them in FG position against the Brown's sub-par Defense that will be game-deciding. Bush can't pull a Barry Sanders against all NFL teams, but the Browns Being the Browns and looking at their recent luck, I forsee at least one defensive breakdown.

As for Carolina and Atlanta, it will be a good game. The Panthers are always good as of late but Michael Vick is like a thorn in their side. I think the Panthers will finally be able to contain him like they did I think it was the second meeting last year.

Tampa and Baltimore will be a game with two great defenses and two emerging offenses, but the Bucs will be able to establish more of a running game, but Mcnair could pull something off.

I'll take The Pats over the Bills any week this year.

Denver and St Louis will be a shootout seeing as how Denver's weakness is their pass D and the Rams are all about Tossing the ball around, but they won't be able to stop the Broncos Running game which will set up some big play action passes to walker and smith. Expect Javon Walker to see plenty of deep catches and Rod Smith to be more of the go-to-guy for shorter passes hoping to gain YAC. I also expect Sheffler to see a few passes his way.

The Jets and the Titans as of these past couple years are struggling franchises that each drafted for the future, but the future for the Jets has come a little quicker than I thought. Both of their First Round picks, Mangold and Ferguson are starting on the O-line. This is another that could go either-way, but the Jet's will have trouble with Defense all year between a young O-line, no solid Runningbacks, and a weak QB. The Titans also have their own problems with a sketchy RB situation that may be to their advantage if the players keep pushing each other, and they will have to because Volek doesn't have anyone solid to throw to. The Titans also have a couple playmakers on Defense in Pac-man and Bullock.

Houston will Surprise a lot of people with Kubiak in the mix, but give them another couple years to have a winning season. Mcnabb can make no-name WRs look good, and he also has two great targets in Smith and Westbrook.

Seattle will decimate Detroit and the Lions will have to rely on some patented Mike Martz big-plays if they want to stay in the game.

Everyone has their eye on Dallas but Jacksonville is very under-rated, and even with Leftwich at QB, I think they'll pull a win out of this one.

The Cardinals will start this year with a winning record by putting a hurt on the 49'ers defense. They have the single best WR tandem in the league and a terrific RB who can make a couple cuts and then plow his way through the red-zone to help them score and keep the D honest.

Leinart is in a situation almost as good as Cutler just by looking at their abilities. Both can set out and watch and learn, and Cutler is in a system that suits him, as is Leinart if they build an O-line over the next 2 years.

Peyton will have a great game but the Giants will pull out a tough win using their running game while stretching out the field.

The 'skins will have a great year and will have a tough game but will slowly pull away from the Vikes.

And as for the Chargers, they'll have another decent year, but the Raiders will remain the little brother of the AFC west even with Moss and Jordan.

9. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    nope I'm still pulling for the raiders

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Brad - Your starting to sound like Tea! The Steelers will beat Miami even without Ben! Go Steelers!!!

11. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thursday, Sep. 7 Miami at Pittsburgh 8:30 p.m. Pit wins

Sunday, Sep. 10
    Atlanta at Carolina 1:00 p.m.- Carolina
    Baltimore at Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m. - Baltimore
    Buffalo at New England 1:00 p.m.- New England
    Cincinnati
    at Kansas City 1:00 p.m-. KC
    Denver at St. Louis 1:00 p.m.- Den
    New Orleans
    at Cleveland 1:00 p.m.- Cleveland
    N.Y. Jets at Tennessee 1:00 p.m.- Jets
    Philadelphia
    at Houston 1:00 p.m.- Phil
    Seattle
    at Detroit 1:00 p.m.- Sea
    Chicago
    at Green Bay 4:15 p.m.- Chi
    Dallas at Jacksonville 4:15 p.m.- Dall
    San Francisco at Arizona 4:15 p.m.- Arizona
    Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants 8:15p.m.- Indy

Monday, Sep. 11 Minnesota at Washington 7:00 p.m.- Wash
    San Diego
    at Oakland 10:15 p.m.- Oakland

12. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dmitri, I agree with most of your pics. except: Kansas City will beat Cincinnati. Indianapolis at NY Giants, brother vs. brother, that will be a good game. But I'll have to go with the Colts.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been waitting all year for opening night. LMAO :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

14. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks like the Steelers are starting things off right. I'm SOOO mad I didn't start heath Miller at TE on a Fantasy league...but then again I have heap starting over him so I can hope for some big plays.

15. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, my picks just went down the drain. Football is too unpredictable. The Panthers and Bucsreally let me down, and Plummer had a terrible day. I'm he absolutely fell apart, I don't know what happened, but props to the Denver Defense for holding back St Louis.

16. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    What about that hit on trent green was that a late hit?? was there a penalty??...just saw highlights didn't actually watch the game..looked like he was sliding and I thought they were protected when they slid forward

17. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think it was a clean hit. Maybe not "clean" but it wasn't late or dirty...just a bit murky. No flags.