Week 1 done. Who's for real?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    One game down and there were some good games out there. Did anyone impressed you? who looks sharp and who doesn't?

I was pleseantly surprised by Atlanta, I knew that RB was good but he really had a good day, that only helped the new QB to give him confidence. I am glad for that team, with all the bad things happening to them in the last year or so they needed a break.

Same thing with Baltimore, new coach and QB, good way to start the season.

I have high expectations for tonight's game between the Vikings and Packers, I like to see the Packer's QB do good, but they are division rivals to my beloved Bears. If I have to pick one I prefer the Vikes to win.

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I didn`t expect the Steelers offensive line to play as well as they did and the BLITZBURGH D looked good too !!!!

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes Dan those steelers were tough on opening day!!!!:smile2: I like Blitzburg!!!

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Back-ups & rookie receivers were very sharp for my EAGLES. :wink:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Eagles and Steelers both looked good. Romo could make Sandwitches before the D got to him also.

I am a Dolphins fan and I'm happy to have a decent QB. He's no All Pro but better then what we've had!! Give Parcells a few years and I think he'll help turn the Phins around.

6. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Cardiac Cats!

Panthers win with a "no time on the clock" touchdown pass in the back of the endzone to Dante Rossario. Which gives me a renewed confidence in Delhomme's ability to run the 2:00 offense (looked alot like the Panthers of 2003).

Defensive secondary looked very fast. Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart both looked very good against an excellent San Diego defense. D line looked good against a very good San Diego running attack with LT, but I still would like to've seen more pressure put on Philip Rivers with our front four I was impressed with the way the Panthers were able to move the ball against the Chargers, although I would've liked to see them finish drives in the endzone instead of settling for field goals. Could the emergence of Dante Rossario be the "real deal" tight end that we've been in search of since Wesley Walls left? Too early to tell just yet, but I hope so.

Next week, Da Bears. With the beating they doled out to Indy yesterday, it looks as if Chicago could give my Cats all they want. With what we accomplished against San Diego, I think we can make the feeling mutal. Looks to be a great game (based on a one game season thus far).

Jon

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I agree it should be a good game. I will be pulling for Da Bears.:wink:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's only week 1!

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

:smile2::smile2:LOL, I am a Bears fan year round Bro! Never too early!

10. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Giants all the way, vs Colts/ Chargers in SuperBowl:smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

With Brady out of the way, the odds for the G-Men to repeat or have Manning SuperBowl went up alot.

12. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    True, my friend. But...as any Panthers fan will tell you, a Panther's season can turn on a dime. One week they're at 4-2, and looking strong, and before you know it, they're at 4-7, with no hope for the post season. So, I'm gonna celebrate whenever I can :wink:.

Jon

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The Broncos looked pretty good. Even if it was against the raiders....:smile2:
    Hopefully they'll have a good year. Out of all the AFC teams I think they looked better than the rest. I am a little partial and can't stand the steelers...:roll_eyes::smile2:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

The Panthers are always considered the sleeper team.

Looked what happen when the stunned the Eagles in the NFC championship and then gave the still then Cheatriots a run for thier money.

Just think, you prolly got cheated out of a SuperBowl.

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    John - Time to change your meds! :roll_eyes: Broncos looked better than the rest???? :crazy: The Steelers were plainly the class of the AFC this past weekend, feel free to convert over to the black n gold or spend the season in disgust as the Steelers march on to the superbowl! :cool2:

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Nah, never will convert!!! Can't do it!!!:tounge_out::wink::smile2: I like the meds I'm on!:smile2:
    Both the Steelers and the Broncos had an easy game the first one. Also, the Broncos #1 receiver didn't even play. Eddie Royal the rookie was on fire! Next week Marshall will be back. We'll see, we don't play you all in the regular season but if you all make it to the playoffs, hopefully we'll see you there!:crazy::wink::smile2: