weedless gigs

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by edgewaterbob, Jul 24, 2009.

1. edgewaterbob

edgewaterbob New Member

State:
    Florida
    New to forum, Hi I fish a lake with lots shallow flats with wood and grass. Looking for ideas. I see Bass Pro has a inch and a half tube with an appendage to cover the jig hook. Anybody use this or other ideas. Thanks Bob :confused2:

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome to the BOC , i haven't had much luck with weedless rigs , i still get hung up, maybe i'm not doing things right, give it time i'm sure someone will have answers for you here

3. edgewaterbob

edgewaterbob New Member

State:
    Florida
    :smile2:Thanks for the welcome. I fish weeds alot for bass no problem, Without weight or very little with heavier gear. I suspect the hook set would be difficult unless I use heavier line, then there would be no distance casting. I havn't tried a slider jig, it might work. When targeting BG, I use 4# line and fish the edges of the weeds. Tis a puzzlement.

4. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    I use them all the time crappie fishing. When tipping w/ a minnow I just cut the skirt off. BPS also carries a weedless hookup that one end slips over the eye of the jig and the other covers the tip if the hook. I don't have a problem w/ hookups.

5. kevinmays

kevinmays New Member

State:
    tn
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009