Wednesday night fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Zing, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went below pickwick dam, on tn river wensday night. Littlebigman and myself with my loving wife. It was a slow night were only able to catch yellow tail shad before going, the gizzard shad were no where to be found. We use the heads of the yellow tail, it seen the gizzard shad are getting more hits. I'll be out again saturday night trying again if the picture shows up it will show the one fish that we caught. we were fishing in 20 foot of water. on the slack side of the dam with just a little current. We satyed out about two hours. We had a stripper trip the next day and caught about 30 strippers the next day in the current. Last day trip for littlebigman before school started

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Richard - Nice Blue Cat! :big_smile: How big was it? Kinda hard to tell in the pic but it looks to be real nice! :cool2:

3. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll tell you one thing Richard... I'll fish any day of the week for two hours to catch a cat that size. Nice fish!!

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish, Richard.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Congrats on the catch Rich.:0a23:

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm not really sure how much it weighed, the fish we caught last saturday night was heaver, but this fish was really long about 4 foot, sorry about the pic the camera we used does not have a very good flash and my wife had to hold a flashlight on it to get the picture, I was worried about keeping it out of the water and wanted to release it. My son (littlebigman) will post tonights catch report. I'm sure when he gets pics for friends camera. He caught the big one, around 40lbs, we caught 7 fish average size around 15 pounds, our scale only goes to 20lbs. He had a hard time holding it up but I'll let him tell you about it. Thanks everyone

7. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    how many " strippers" did you catch?!?! i want to fish with you bro!:wink:

8. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My son (littlebigman) and myself caught around 30 strippers, Fishing off the cat walk below the dam in the boils, for a few hours it was non-stop, about every cast you could land one, as it got hotter it slowed down. Then the really big ones came in. Fishing with 4-5" yellow tails. I did not see any caught on top water. It was alot of fun, released them all.

9. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i think you meant "stripers" not "strippers". if i was out catching strippers my wife would make me quit fishing!

10. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You are right, I did not notice it hahahaha duh.:smile2: You can still come fihing anytime.

11. Catfishing=Fun

Catfishing=Fun New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    nice blue cat, the only blue cat i have caught was 4lbs

12. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks , if you can find current, fish it, it does not have to be a lot. I find that when the current stops so do the blues. The bigger the bait is always better for bigger fish. Some may argue, but I believe the bigger the bait the bigger the fish. good luck