Wednesday night at Warsaw

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jms43, May 12, 2008.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any of you guys going to be up at the dam wednesday night? If weather permits I'm going to be getting up there around 6 or so...hopefully I can find some shad in drake harbor...if any of you guys are gonna be up there give me a shout...I'd love to meet some more members.
    -Jon

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The gathering is this weekend. Ya mite as well hang around and meet a bunch of folks, and enjoy a fine meal.:wink:

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck with the shad! Went Sunday evening and shad were very hard to find, only little 2 inch shad in Drake Harbor, saw alot of bigger ones popping out in the main channel but that was after I already got set up fishing so I just used the small ones. I'll be down starting Thursday thru Memorial Day weekend. Chris

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    You might try above 7 bridge for the shad. I found them above the pipe on the left side of the channel. Shad were out from the bank 50 or so feet about 10 foot down.

5. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ouch...not sounding very promising..I'll be stuck on the bank....hmmm...maybe I'll make a run down to caplinger before hand...guess we'll just have to wait and see.

6. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    You might luck out and find shad, then again they might still be hard to find, weird how it works out sometimes. If you have a sure thing and can bring fresh shad then I'd definately consider doing that. Chris

7. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, thanks for the input...I'll either run down to caplinger and get some fresh shad or I may bring some frozen shad as a backup...good luck fishing this weekend.

8. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Forget that frozen stuff, the dink shad are way better than any frozen stuff and they can be found at Drake Harbor, I just prefer the big dudes. Chris

9. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, Thanks for the advice...I'll just run up to Caplinger Mills and get some fresh shad. Are you going to the gathering this weekened?

10. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Good information to have, thanks guys.

11. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Not sure if I'll make the gathering or not, but will be out fishing and might see some people out on the lake. I have a 14 foot Lowe Jon with a 25hp Johnson and easiest way to tell who I am is my dog is always with me since she likes fishing too. I also drive a black Dodge Durango and put in at Drake Harbor. Chris

12. OBIE05

OBIE05 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A buddy and i will be down there. We are leaving after our finals are over. The weather looks good finally for once. Good luck man!!

13. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    Obie....is that you?? When did you join BOC? You know you cant catch any fish unless you are in my boat!! HAHAHA