Wed eve report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Johny Buck, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    My brother and I fished above Richmond from 7:45 pm till 9:30 pm. We caught a few 9 to 12 inch chubbs and cut them into chunks. No action for the first 45 min or so and then the bite was on. We caught one blue about 15 lbs and five flat heads between 5 and 10 lbs. The tail section seemed to get more bites than the head or mid section of the chubbs. Then they quit bitting. I'd post some pics but only had my mini dv camera running. I'm ready to go back!

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great fishing trip, congrats

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hugenot flatwater Pony pasture area or Belle Isle area if you don't mind me asking. Or even further up like Robius Boat landing.
    Can't wait to see the pics. They say the heat doesn't effect the Flathead bite.

4. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    Dallison, we were in Goochland between Maidens and Watkins. I have never seen the river this low in my life. Every so often you will float across a deep pool, thats were we would throw our lines.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I took my Son Water Skiing yesterday. We put in at Watkins and had to go downstream way past the bridge to find water that the plants didn't come all the way up to the surface. Rob had never water skied before and got up on his third attempt. He was pumped and me proud