website how to??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Apr 11, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am interested in starting my own website (NOT TO CHALLENGE THIS ONE) and don't really know alot about that sort of thing. Can any of you provide info on how to do this? How much does it cost? and any other information that may be pertinent. Thanks in advance.

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shane, your internet provider may provide some free web space for personal use.

I have a simple little web page (click on it below).. doesn't cost me anything extra for my cable server includes 20 MB of web space. I learn what little I know from hit and miss. I made a my first page using the old Netscape Composer and uploaded it to my site using a free program, FTP Commander.

There is places that help people set up web pages on the internet but I've never used them. Maybe someone can direct you to one of those.

Good luck.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for your help. I need to look into all of that. We have cable internet at home ( i am in iraq) and that would be really nice to get set up. Your site look real good. Congrats and thanks for being a true Patriot.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    you can get a myspace page its free and the BOC has a myspace page too you can add

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks, I have been designing my site, but I have found that I need to do a lot more research before I can provide people with quality info