webbers falls bait

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LinebBoatRunner, Feb 4, 2008.

1. LinebBoatRunner

LinebBoatRunner New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    can anyone tell me where the shad are? spaniard creek? trying to find bait for this next weekend

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Try by the webbers falls bridge right by the barges they load the grain on:wink:

3. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hay jesse. did you build the two boat in your film stip. if you did would pass on some secerts. im trying to build my own and its not turning out. I need some help in that deparatment. if you dont mind.

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to the best boc:smile2:

5. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I've had a little luck around the grain barges & sraight across the river behind the wing damn in the slack water.There is a sluew about 100 yds north of the grain barges,entance is very narrow and shallow,I was told with a flat bottom you can get in and catch all the shad you want.Hope this helps,if it works let us know.I've never taken my flat bottom to find out,I always stop below Kerr to get bait.

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:wink:

7. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc you will love it:cool2:

8. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i would try summers ferry all along the rocks and boat ramp in the early morning //and up river from the boat ramp there is a peninsula and at the end is a good place ...and on the other side of the river ...

upstream of the grain barges there is that ...shallow water area i have taken my bayliner in it ...the entrance is shallow but once you get in it is like a big pond...

used to be lots of worms at summers ferry in the campground in the trees, where it is all thick and brushy covered,,,,lots of skeeders and poision ivy also:eek:oooh:
    When you cant find them anywhere i have went up the creeks ,,and had good luck..and in the deep water (chanel) in front of the barges, out in the river current

9. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    2 weeks ago span. crk. under bridge on bottom. rt. now at brewers bend in the park lagoons off boat docks in the morning . all u want. in am any calm aria out of wind ,sunlit 3/5 ft sand or gravel , full. no problim.

10. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    The water is warming up really well making the shad easier to find. In the afternoon, watch for them flipping on the surface. In the mornings, look fr them in deeper water.

The bridge over Spaniard Creek just upstream from the park ramp holds good numbers of a morning, but not later in the day.

Big Greenleaf Creek just downstream of the railroad bridge has lots of good sized shad in it of a morning in 25 ft of water, but they move down the creek later in the day.

Shad are where you find them, and if you know where to look, they're always there!:smile2: