Webber Falls Info Request

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by speck314, Sep 2, 2008.

1. speck314

speck314 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Went to see Webber Falls lock and dam this weekend looked like it should produce good fish just below the dam where the power gen water hits the slower river water. I know that there is a boat ramp up about 2 miles above it and the next one is down at Gore. Is the fishing better one way or the other and has anyone tried the grain terminal across the river from the one at Gore. We fished the dock at the one above Webber Falls for just a little bit and caught several small channels so there should be big ones there too. One other thing how close can you move your boat in to the back side of the dam.:0a22:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Steve, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web!

In Oklahoma 1000 feet or about 333 yards is as close as you can get in a boat above and below the dams. Webber has some good fishing above and below the dam. On the bank you can fish as close as you can get and also can legally throw a shad net for bait.

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to da HOOD!!! Steve!!!! Johnny is right (dont let head swell Johnny):wink::tounge_out::big_smile:

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I just posted some information concerning L&D16 (Webbers Falls) at http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91805

The fishing is always good below the dam on the generator side. As far as boat launch, both the Webbers Falls and Somers Ferry ramp are difficult to load at due to the cross-current that will push your boat off the trailer unless you have good guides and bunks on the trailer.

I get shad at the grain barge directly across the river from Somers Ferry and then go upstream and anchor just about 20 yards from the wall or will drift downstream in the current, bouncing cut shad off the bottom.

Lots of fun!

5. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    WE usually stopped the boat at the concrete wall...that seemed far enough and safe enough