Weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by spoonfish, Feb 21, 2008.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Well no school today. Looks like we got about a 1/4 inch of sleet/ice and I think they are calling for more on the way yet today. Be carefull if your driving out there.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So, stay home and cook something Spoony. Make an extra batch for uninvited guests.

We got a motorgrader operator who just quit here this week cause he couldn't take the ice and snow anymore. Want me to put your name in? He is running a brand new John Deere. Got air conditioning and everything. Union job to boot.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I dont know if I can blame him Beetle. Lived there too long myself. I was in Mn. for 1 year and we had snow on the ground for 6 months of it. Now I dont mind ice fishin but it's hard to justify a boat payment when you cant ever use the thing. Both of my ice augers have been rusting in storage since. :big_smile:
    I dont know if we even have a motorgrader set up here for snow. Wonder if I can park it at the house, got lots of pot holes in my lane that need some work.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I woke up at 2am this morning to the sound of sleet pelting my bedroom window. They cancelled school early this morning. since I work on the technology for the local school district, no working for me. :wink:

I wish I had my items in from Cabelas already so I would have something to play with for the day. My surf rod I like using for snagging still needs finished up, but I'm out of thread and waiting on it to come in. :angry:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Around a 1/4 inch of snow here this am. Sounds like from the Mo. river south there are a lot of school closings. I will scoop the snow spoonfish, you can keep the Ice.

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve

thats awful tempting...i miss runnin the patrol. as for the weather im tired of the ice i want a slow thaw no ice jams just open water.

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Everything that we got is ice and sleet. My step mom just got home a few minutes ago and she said it took her 1.5 hours to make a 45 minute trip home from work.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    They say we're gettin it south of ya too Troy. I been workin under a plastic tent all week doing an entryway and an Ice storm will prolly wreak havok on that. Oh well, it can't last forever. OR CAN IT???:confused2: Everybody be careful driving.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have two 209 penns and a shimano open face that I need to tear apart and clean. Guess it's as good of a day as any. Hope I can get them back together...
    Anyone want two kids that didnt have school today, allready bouncing around the house. I can feed them some hershey bars and send them over to ya.....
    Made choclate chip cookies last night Beetle, think the kids have been in them allready this morning.:confused2: Hope the sister in laws door is froze shut....

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, it's certainly nasty out there. Most area schools are off today. Unfortunately, this means we have to go an extra day in May :(

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    All schools but mine was closed today. We start early and all the other schools start an hour after us. They all closed at last minute which left our district open. Too late to cancel school 20 minutes before it starts. I just hope it stops for now and until school lets out... I'd hate to know that politics was responsible for deaths on the road.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    its on its way to southern In. today :angry:

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Spoon keep that ice there-Ohh I am so sick of winter-Its nasty cold here I am not sure exactly what the temp is but the dog dont even want to go out until she absoulutly has to then we gotta be on it,she aint stupid:roll_eyes:Wait till spring we have some high water coming with a vengince everyone better be thinking bout that to.STOP THE MADDNESS I WANT TO GO FISHING!

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian I think they did it on purpose to keep you from going fishing today. :big_smile: We got lots of ice on ground here. Staying close to the fire.

15. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I am at work and ticked off to the tee, I need a job with some personal days for benefits.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    We are getting hammered with snow in Smithville right now!!!:eek:oooh::sad2:

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Had some very large flakes earlier but now it's stopped again. As I said in another post I didn't let it bother me. I made a beer run.

18. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    anyone know of a dollar tourny this saturday????

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Nothing else here all day, still just about a 1/4" of sleet/ice from last night.

20. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    took me an hour to get to work today, 30 minutes to get sent home, and another hour to get back.:confused2: