Weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Mar 1, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well had some rough weather last night ,they said there was a tornado that went over warrensburg last night ,but just saw alot of wind,this should fill up the rivers and lakes ,should be some great fishing this year.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Had a lot of rain and hail in Independence.

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Just got the wind and a little rain up here in Parkville. The river is higher than I can remember it being in the last year of so. I hope it draws the blues up!

4. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    woah boy was it windy. the trash cans went for a ride several times. I really wanted some lightning and thunder. (storm lover)

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Took me an hour to get home from work tonight. In high winds, a bridge over Interstate 55, here in St Louis, came down blocking all lanes in both directions. I liked to never got around the city streets to bypass it. That must of been one heck of gust of wind.

6. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    We were lucky for the 3rd time in the last 2 years in tornado alley. We live about 9 miles east of Whiteman and one went right over our heads. By the time I saw it , it was almost on top of us. Herd the freight train sound and right after we got under the house it got deathly silent, could hear water dripping off of the house. Found out my wife will risk her life to save a baby animal that was in the house. I don't know how many animals she had under the house with us but we are all ok!

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I left Portland, Maine in a snowstorm, to land in New York with a driving rain and low ceilings. I think about half of our sick sacks were used due to the turbulence. It was one of those days. Sounds like you guys had a little of the same there in Missouri. My wife said shes never seen the wind blow that hard. I grimaced when she said that as I know I'll be picking up branches for two days when I get home. :crazy: I guess its that time of year. I'll be glad when spring is here and we can get out on the river. I've got the itch.

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    We didn't really get any rain here, just wind all night long, and It still hasn't quit. I agree with John, I've got the itch to get back on the river. I checked the level at Rush Island this moring, at it hasn't changed much, so hopefully I can go out Wednesday, I think it's supposed to be warm. I just got off the phone with my buddy Keith (KGK20) and he was been stuck in a blizzard for 6 days in the Mountains out west. :crazy: He said they got 75 inches of snow in the Mountains of Idaho and Wyoming.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Aside from the wind, we didn't get much except a little snow. I haven't experienced wind like this in a long time.

10. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Robert I saw that big ugly red blob on the CNN weather report a couple mornings ago. It was right on Warrensburgh. I figured you were taking a pounding.

11. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Robert, stop yer whinin'. That tornado missed us by at least a mile. Maybe a mile and a half. The first one went about ten mile south, and that's the one Cougar got a good look at.

Cougar, I'm glad to hear it stayed up and went over you. Looked like it intensified when it left Johnson County and headed your way. I know the hail got bad again.

Looking forward to spring, are we? :roll_eyes:

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yea yea yea!!!! Glad your back on here larry ,Are you going to the gathering?