Weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by BILLYP, Jan 29, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Does anybody know how bad this weather heading for us is going to affect the catfish movement??

2. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    I went this weekend and we didn't do anything:sad2: . Which where we were at the water was high and running fast from all the rain we have had .it was a fun trip anyway,just would have been better with a fish or two.Going again soon.If anyone could tell me also how the weather/cold effects the cat bite I sure would appreciate any info.Thanks!

Timber

3. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I too was wondering that also. I am just itching to wet a line, I have just been waiting on a little bit of a warm snap to comew along! My son and his best friend went crappie fishing over there at Jordan lake friday night and after catching 3 or 4 keepers (crappie), he caught a 24 lb., 32 inch Striped Bass. So something is still at least biting.

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    The fish still eat in the cold water, but they are a lot less active than they are when the water is warmer. In the rivers they can be found in the deeper holes. There are some posts in another thread about the thermocline or where the cold surface water meets the warmer, deeper water in a lake or reservoir. Someone posted that blue cats can be caught in 100' of water.

5. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Weather has been effecting me since september, the neuse hasn't been at a normal level for a long time. I am hoping to go fishing sometime soon, I just hate fishing when the water is high. I can't even remember the last time I have even caught a catfish. I guess I caught too many last spring and summer and the river doesn't want me back there lol.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    No idea, but I plan to find out!!!

I have always wanted to be out in the boat fishing in the snow. So, I am heading out Thursday morning to see what it is like!! :big_smile:

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I been fishin cold water for 10 years now and i have caught fish when the water was in the low 30s. I firmly believe there is a fish ready to bite 24 hours a day 365 days a year. All you got to do is find him.

8. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Im confused I cant find any of them. I went to the lock and damn on Saturday with nothing to show for it. Ive tried the deepest water and all the streams that are high enough to finally get in there and nothing not even bait fish. If any one knows of a secret spot then I would sure like to know. Unitl then im just going to work on the boat and wait until it gets warmer.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...I firmly believe there is a fish ready to bite 24 hours a day 365 days a year. All you got to do is find him..."

That is the quote of th year!! :big_smile: