WEATHER (today and tonight)

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Guys and Gals,
    I don't know what it's doing in your part of the state this morning but I've got sleet. The National Weather Service is predicting Lawrence County and the other counties in the northeast section to get somewhere bertween 3 to 8" if snow. It would be a tough day to be on the river.:embarassed: I think I'll just stay inside, drink coffee, curse the board, and watch it come down. Here's hoping all my brothers and sisters have a warm cozy day.:big_smile:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    This is the forcast through Sunday for the Fort Smith area. Today will definately be a good day to stay indoors. The further you travel from here toward your direction the more snow they are predicting.

Today: Occasional rain and snow. High near 37. East northeast wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow likely before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south southeast.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southeast wind around 9 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. South southeast wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Sunday: Cloudy, with a high near 57.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 48.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm north of Rogers/Bentonville area in the edge of Missouri and we got about 4" of snow and it's still falling. I may drag out my tackle and scatter it around just to aggrivate the wife a lil.:crazy:

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I live in Valley Springs, just out of Harrison. It started sleeting about 4 am. We have an inch of ice and 4 inches of snow on top so far. It` still coming down and they say the heavy stuff is not due till this afternoon!
    We can`t get out as we are behind a low water bridge and steep hills, but are well prepared with back up power and heat if needed.
    I will just sit back and enjoy the day off.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    So far we have nothing happening in our area.It's suppose to start later this afternoon,but for our area thier saying maybe 2-4".Key word there I believe is "maybe".Heard that song before,like slight chance of flurries all weekend ( ended up with 19" by Monday morning.)Back in the late 70"s. So you don't trust maybe to far.
    You all be real careful in this stuff.Don't b going out if no need to.

6. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Indy here!
    Home of the greatest spectical in racing...lol

Hoosiers will tunnel out like mice in the spring time come tomorrow A.M.
    Forcast is 6" to 8" with ice on top.

Burrrr.... where is the hot cocolate?:embarassed:
    Fish of all species are fast asleep :wink:

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    it just started here, heavy sleet falling right now. the snow to be here in a few hrs. i should have waited to clean my reels & rods, did that a few weeks ago. this would be a good day to go out to the shed make a fire and wacth the snow fly. its going to be about 50 sunday, if so il be out on the river if the ramp is clear. stay safe e1

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I got the call to come in at 3pm. Looks like a long long nite tonite. That would be in the St. Louis area

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We had plan to go to the Ft. Smith area today but decided to hold off for a while. :eek:oooh:

Here, it rained all night, now 35.

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Calling for ice here tonight but it wont stay around long never does.

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    THAT DONT SOUND GOOD!!!!:angry::sad2: