Weather sure is nice.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by center12, Aug 4, 2006.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Anyone doing any fishing tonight?? Temp's are down and the wife is out of town...............Think I'll go do a little drifting up a Clinton later tonight, once the silly people leave:lol: . If anyone else makes it out this evening, post your results, wondering if the "cool" snaps turn the fish on..........I know they do me(joke). Good luck.

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Good luck Charile!

3. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    good luck on your fishing tonight

4. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I went and fished my creek that I normally have really good luck in. No bites except for some bait that I caught, and a couple small bass. Im on a skunking streak :sad2:

5. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I'm going out to night. I have a all night bass tourney:roll_eyes: We start at 8 pm Saturday & quit at 8 am Sunday morning. Sometimes I catch flatheads on crankbaits and jigs.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Fished from about 10:30pm to 5:00am, the bite was there. Caught probably 20 channels on Blood or fresh shad and caught about 10 white bass on fresh shad. Now the kicker...............never caught a fish over 2 pounds:crazy:. I caught fish in 20' of water and I caught fish in 3' of water, the lager fish were just gone(or not biting). Was all over the flat when drifting so it wasn't like I was sitting on a school of small fish, puzzling. A couple of weeks ago, I took an 8 and several 4-5 lb. fish in the same area.

If the wind die's a bit, I'm heading for Perry tonight.

7. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie, this "nice" weather down here has just about ruined me. Fished all night Friday and caught nothing over three pounds. After suffering through the most miserable Saturday in memory (106F) we got enough good bait to use and baited the trotline up last night. We caught.......zilch! I have a few buckets of beans ready to go and think I'll just give up on the flatheads until the water and weather cools off some.

8. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Went to gardner friday night f about 4 hrs and never got a bite so got up early sat morning and went below the dam at perry to give that a shot and never had a bite:angry: . Not a good deal since I had a buddy up to fish. The beer was biting sat night in front of the big screen in the ac thou.

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Drifted Perry for about 4 hours last night, me and a buddy caught 6 cats with the largest going about a pound and a half:sad2: . Even more amazing was the fact that I only had 1 hit(which I missed) on blood bait, fresh shad was the only ticket in town last night. The evening wasn't a complete loss, did put 10 nice white bass in the cooler.

The white bass fishing is hot, the cat's have shutdown a bit.............don't take a rocket scientist to figure out what I'm fishing for tonight:big_smile: