Weather report, please check in.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pythonjohn, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    With all the talk on the board about weather in diffrent parts of the country I thought that it would be nice to get some weather reports from everyone.
    I'll start off by telling everyone that yesterday here in the panhandle of Florida is was sunny high of 81 clear skys and almost no wind.
    As a matter of fact it was so nice that I went fishing.
    Now I know that everyone didn't have that kind of weather this time of the year so tell us what kind of weather you are having or maybe a story of what you have been doing in your weather.
    Pictures are also nice.
    Ok! Now its your turn

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    well...here in southeast ohio around zanesville there is freezing rain and its only 20 odd degrees.....i still have a rod in the water...knowing i aint gonna catch nothing but its ok

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, it's just a tad different over here in NE Oklahoma.

At the moment it's about 45 degrees and anything that's not nailed down has blown away in the constant galeforce wind we've been gettin since about 2 PM. lol... can't wait to see what March is like!

Guess we got about 1/2" rain through the thunderstorms, but mostly the wind's been the issue. Hopefully back to calm sunshine by Monday. :lol:

Hope everyone's hangin tight and staying warm!

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my wifes baby shower was supposed to be tomorrow but theres some bad weather coming and since i have family coming in from upstate ny, we rescheduled it to march. which really bites cause I wanted to see them. here in allentown they want snow showers. high of 37 & a low of 28. the party was to be in myerstown which their weather forcast was to be the same but with a high of 35. the weather hates me. it rains on my day off when ever I have something to look forward to doing that day. grrrr......

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    it was cold and windy in the low 30's mid 20's it was so nice that me and my brother vern went fishing , check member fishing for more info

6. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    The 3-5 inches of ice which took down every tree in my front yard had just melted. The weatherguesser called for 45-55 degree weather this week and this morning I woke up to 3 inched of snow and freezing rain. I will try and control the profanity that is on the tip of my tongue!!!

Tawn, Waldorf, MD; 25 miles south of Washington, DC

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    66 degrees, west wind at ~15 here and clouding up for some rain later today.

8. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Now thats a good term for those guys and gals out there that think they know what the weather is going to be like.
    Stay tuned for your local and national "WEATHERGUESSER"!!!
    Thanks for the post.

9. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here in NW Oklahoma we had thunderstorms Fri. night with heavy rain, wind, and hail in some spots. Sat. was filled with blowing rain and snow. Today is shaping up pretty well so far. with sun shine and warmer temps.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All day yesterday was real dreary with some wind,but wind wasn't bad. It finally started a good rain around 5PM later around 9PM rain changed over to snow.We got about 2 inches of the white stuff but the problem today is wind and drifting across the hiways. Weatherguesser is saying to drive with extreme caution to many slick spots on the road.When they say that I just choose to stay in,as I don't relish winding up in a ditch somewhere.:roll_eyes:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Weather bulletin: Hickory, NC

Yesterday high of 58, sunny, calm winds

Today, 39 degrees at present with cold steady rain, no noticeable wind (I'm lookin' out the windah :lol:). Earlier this morning we got quite a few downpours. Good excuse to sleep late :big_smile:!

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Weather report from So. Illinois. Rain ending. 38 degrees with wind blowing Colder and gloomy for the next couple of days. I think I will give up fishing and start hunting those lying Groundhogs.:waaaht: :haha: :still_dreaming: :still_dreaming:

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Here in Iowa we have a severe weather watch. Its been snowing since last night all the way up until now (3:20pm). I've heard that a lot of people have been having to call into work because the roads are way too bad. I hope it clears up soon!

14. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Its a diffrent day here in the Panhandle of Florida so I thought i'd let ya'll know that when I got up this morning it was cloudy and about 59 with winds of about 7 knots it had rained over night.
    Right now it is sunny ,no clouds,wind is out of the South at about 5 knots 76 degrees.
    Think I'll go swimming in the pool................................Now Ya'll know I still love ya!:smile2: :lol:
    Now lets hear some more weather reports.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    From Okinawa;
    Nice and sunny one minute, cloudy and rainy the next. I've yet to hear of anyone catching any catfish...or if they even exist here...

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    This is about what we had yesterday here in TN. Beautiful day but windy. One night this past week, we had the worst lightning storm I've seen in a while. ALL NIGHT LONG.

Today I got up around 9AM and it was raining. I went back to bed, as I am fighting a cold or something. Becky called and said it was and had been a beautiful day, around 4PM. So I got up, saw sunshine for a few minutes, and now the clouds are back and it looks like rain again. Perhaps I should go back to bed?
    I read where there is a snowstorm headed east, so I guess that means us? I don't care, as I love the cold, mentally, but physically my body hates the cold. :lol:

So that's the weather report from NE TN, for now.
    Take care.
    Cheryl

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Very nice here today.... Full sunshine High: 60, Low: 44.

Not like yesterday.... lighting, windy and rain.

But we were very lucky, down south of us in Dumas, AR a powerful tornado injured 40 people, 2 children critically injured. But as for as I know no one was killed.

18. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We had an ice storm go thru... knocked down a lot of tree debris. Power has been out for 2 days and rumors it will be 2 more before repairs can be made. I'm running my computer and coffeepot off a generator...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The best things in life aren't things.

19. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    We had periods of showers today, with heavy overcast. I managed to get skunked fishing again. The bite was pretty slow for everyone.

-- Rich

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cold. In the low 30s. Wind 30+ mph straight out of the north. Snow, sleet, and rain all mixed together. I think it's supposed to warm back up though. First fishing trip this year is scheduled for Sunday after next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.