Weather Report, Please Check In

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Due to the bad weather some parts of the country are experiencing, I thought I'd start a new weather report thread. (Thank you pythonjohn for the first one!) If you're having GREAT weather, we'd like to hear about that as well.

Currently in the foothills of western NC: showers, 37 degrees

Tomorrow: showers, high of 57 degrees

Thru next Monday: daytime highs higher 40s/low 50s range, nights 20-30 degrees; a few showers on Monday, otherwise mostly sunny/partly cloudy

Tues & Wed: daytime highs lower 40s, nights 20-30 degrees; perhaps a snow shower on Wed (Feb.4th)

Please check in folks, and let us know how you're faring!

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    <LI class=cf style="POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff" isH
    So much for that. That didn't work. LOL

3. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Central Texas: 28 degrees and freezing rain. supposed to warm up to the 50's tomorrow. May be a little icy in the morning. Back up to the mid 60's by Friday.

4. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    What I was trying to say, is I better not tell you all what my weather is like, cause it will make you all the more depressed.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    right now, 20*, close to 5" of snow covering th e1/2" of ice and still snowing pretty hard. Calling for it to taper off here by morning, and then the wind shall set in, and all that nice soft dry fluffy snow will close roads and the drive, LOL..... and of-course the battery in the Grizzle decided to JUNK OUT today...:sad2:

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    23 degrees here in Henderson,Ky. had freezing rain and ice all last night and today and still getting it. Ice is building up on trees and snapping large limbs off all over town, roads are slick, already had one power outage tonight.:crazy:

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Thousands without power in my area, and in NW AR and may be for many days or a few weeks the weather said.

We got snow on top of all our ice, about 2 inches was expected, don't know at present how much is actually out there, but it looks like just what they promised us. 16* right now. Supposed to hit 36* at about 3:00 this pm, then get warmer daily. Our alerts are gone this morning. If it will melt off enough we will try to get some tracks in the road in front of the house so we can get out of here. We couldn't get outta here if we needed to right now. The neighbor at the top of the hill got out yesterday and said the roads were terrible, he has 4 wheel drive so he didn't have any trouble, but said they are BAD.

I don't look for us to go back to school for a bit because of power losses everywhere, not necessarily the roads. Just wait and see I guess.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here in North Eastern new Mexico,the temp is 5* expected high today is 54* we'll see:wink: The ice and freezing fog missed us and was farther East in the Tx panhandle,which is a short 27 miles from here.

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its a mess in Cincinnati, I had to drive through trees to get off my road this morning. Already have tree laying on power lines outside my house. I give it about an hour before it goes black...:sad2:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Temp is about 30 but going down to 20 something. Had a 1/2 inch of ice over the Van but the drive in wasnt too bad. Stayed at around 35 - 40 mph, most of the other traffice wasnt much cause of alot of closings.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    We got lucky.Maybe 1-11/2 " snow but it is 11 degrees out.High in the 20's they say. We'll see what Mother Nature brings.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So. In. 8 in snow, 3 in. ice, wind, 27 degrees, Level one emergency !!! This really sucks!!!:sad2:

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    This morning it is mild ~60 degrees and windy. It is definitely going to rain! Good weather compared to what I have seen on the news.

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    right now the temp is 33* the high for the day.As I look out now the snow has started to fall.schools were called off lastnight. This can only get worce.Stay inside.
    smokey

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thi

Cant wait....:roll_eyes:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We got 5-6" of snow yesterday morning. Its been freezing rain since yesterday early afternoon and have 1/2-3/4" of ice on everything. Its supposed to switch back to snow here and drop another 2-4" of snow. Its been a bad one but could be worse! We still have power here but for how long????:confused2:

Is It Spring yet???:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    About 17 degrees this morning and 8 inches of fresh snow, 4 yesterday & 4 last night. Took the wife in to work, (lets not get ridiculous, it aint THAT bad) and got the bird feeders cleaned and restocked. Plenty of hazelnuts & peanuts for the squirrels set out also. Just filled my own belly and am about to head back to bed. Aint life great?

18. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    61 degrees and overcast in LaGrange, Ga. :big_smile:

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We're at 19 degrees with about an inch of everything - ice, followed by sleet, topped by snow. Not goin anywhere till it stays above freezing for awhile, which isn't s'posed to happen till tomorrow.
    Dunno... maybe we'll be able to get to town Friday? :embarassed:

Still have power, tho, so we're a whole lot better off than some folks.
    Stay safe, everybody... and watch out for fallin limbs, etc.

Carolyn

P.S. my thanks button seems to be busted, so only got the 1st couple pages and ran outta steam.

20. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    25 degrees this morning. A little ice on the ground and bridges... nothing major though. We could have been alot worse.