Weather patterns

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by hear_kitty, Feb 15, 2006.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    All the catfisherman in michigan should keep track of the fish we catch date time where for one year and start building a time line and see where it go's .I think that would the best way to learn to find out the time and location of the bite! I realize that years will very from year to year but after 2 3 4 5years we will now where to go! This make since? Just my thoughts!

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    There are just too many variables to be able to predict where the fish will be at any given time of the year. Granted, you might be able to predict where they Might be, as opposed to running your boat all over the place. But I wouldn't bet any money they will be in the same place next year. It's a good tool to have tho, so I would not discourage anyone from keeping stats. And don't forget to keep tract of where the bait is.
    There Will be exception of course, warm water discharges, just below a dam, etc.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    We were talking about weather patterns I think. I've talked to several guys that target BIG cats. Mose of them prefer the 3 days before a front comes in. I'm sure most people have read articles about how fish sence (spell) approaching weather,falling barometer, and fill up before the pending storm scatters the bait.

When I first started fishing I was taught to fish the sheltered waters when the wind was up, (up-wind.) BUT, when the wind is blowing it moves the surface water which is where the plankton is that shad etc. feed on. But it's not always a given, just another tool. And if you don't have the right tool, how ya gonna get the job done??

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Don,
    I've got no problem with that. I do that now with my Squirrel Hunting. If nothing else, it's kind of fun to look back and see what the weather was like, the last time you really hammered the fish.
    Sparky

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    The more info you have sooner or later patterns will emerge