Weather in Arkansas!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Dec 8, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The weather here today 8 Dec. 05 is snow! we got about an inch so far. My wife loves the snow, I can take or or leave it. Arkies what did it do in your area? :D

2. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Up here we got a very light dusting, maybe 1/2" at most.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    No snow here in Little Rock, but we saw some flurries about 5:00 yesterday afternoon. We did get a pretty good frost.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :craf-big: Got about 2 inches here in Booneville...Roads are iced...Man this would be an awesome day to catch some blues..the barometer is rising really high!!!! They always bite good when it snows...too bad i gotta work.. :sad:

5. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    We've got sleet and ice in N. E. Arkansas, schools are closed and it seems to be thawing. I sure hate the icy skid stuff.

6. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got about 3/4 to 1 inch of snow here and they Called off school. This is the funniest thing. I was in Alaska working for Laidlaw Transit, a School Bus contractor, for the 8 years that I lived up there. We ran about 120 School Busses out of our facility. We get some SERIOUS Snow up there, and in all 8 years that I worked there, They never closed school one time. The busses always ran and not a problem. But here in AR, a few flurries and they close School, What a bunch of Pansey A$$ES, LMAO

What can I say,

Gene

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Sam, seems to me you all really got hit heavy! ;)

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    TopSgt,
    Here in the ozark foothills we have about an inch and a half of snow. It's the dry type. Roads are snow covered and no school. Heck, I'm thinking about driving the 36 miles to my lease this afternoon and doing a little bow hunting for a fat doe. I need to get out and see how the roads are.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    we got about 1/2", Just not enough. Had planned to burn some brush piles but this just isnt enough to do it. This storm Split our location right down the middle, other places recieved alot more than we did.

10. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    We got enough to make the roads a little slick. Most of its melted off now. I went in to town and picked up some flicks to watch while sitting high and dry. Got everything ready to go fishing and we get iced. Just might have to brave it to see if anythings biting!

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Hope this will give you an Idea what we got!

12. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Thats about what it looks like here. Some people might laugh, but we dont get alot of snow here. Maybe once or twice a year. Usually its ice that we get, so its nice to get snow. I really hope we get a good snow this year. I'd like to have a foot or so before hunting season is over. I almost went after work today, but its already almost all melted off. :cursing:

13. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Momma say's it wasn't enough, so it wasn't enough!
    All gone today :D If it'd hit fifty degrees I'd go a huntin' with my kitty stick, maybe go git a few more Skips! :cool:

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    61 degrees today. 64 tomorrow[ 19 Jan 06 ] but windy. can you believe this in January?

15. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    no i can't believe the warm weather but we sure need rain.i havn't had any luck fishing, no water running i havent been river fishing long and heard how good winter fishing was but i've about quit till we get the river running.it's sure good on utility bills though

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    It started raining just before daybreak and it still reining as of 3:15 PM central time.

17. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    It's still raining here at 6:00

18. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    will skipjacks bite in the rain?????????

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Yep coach, They will still bite but they have a tendency to get wet!!!

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Got about 1/2" ice with a little snow on top to make it look good. Been spittin snow off and on all day. and its colder than a well diggers........ ;) How about it Arkansas ! what ya'll get? Mac