weather front coming in from california

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the weathermen are saying it may get ugly here in central oklahoma tonight or early tomorrow...good grief! not as much precipitation as a couple of weeks ago, but this looks like it is mostly gonna be ice. you can drive on snow, but hard ice is a different deal entirely. i told my wife she isn't going to work for a couple of days...me, i can get around on this stuff...her, being a california woman, doesn't have the same experience....they say we are gonna lose electricity...glad i have natural gas stove and heater.

all you okies take care!

2. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    not calln for much in mo. but who knows. thanks for the report.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    WOW, you sure had me scared Phil. I read that "ugly" part and thought Bud was coming to Oklahoma. Glad it is just the weather. lOLO

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Obviously "cabin-fever" has got the best of Phil...:rain: Dude you should immediately purchase ice-cleats for the MRS. so she can walk to work!!!!:doctor: 2 days off is at least 2 trips fishin!!!!LOL

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its comming to Blow us away HaHa Hehe.
    smokey

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The weather news has that we are going to get the snow on Friday, but the earlier predicted ice is going to go south of me. I to hate the ice. Can make it with some snow. Phil stay safe and keep the fires burning. In about forty days this will all be behind us.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    to the funny farm where life is wonderful all the time....and those nice young men in their clean white coats...:smile1:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Phil,we are forecast for up to 3/4" of freezing rain,turning to snow after noon tomorrow,accumulations of 12" + of snow on top of nearly an inch of ice is a scary thing to drive on. I will be taking the wife to work in the morning,as well as picking her up from work. She wont drive in this stuff,and she's on call all weekend to fill in ,in case some cant come in. I'm glad its only 6 blocks to the store .

9. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I hate snow and Ice.... I work in the landscape department for the university of oklahoma.. We have to be out in that mess putting salt down and clearing the sidewalks..

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    richard, call me if you can

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Sorry to hear that guys. We sure didi get pounded for a few days.

Jaime

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, we got slammed for a wek of super hard winds and pouring rain. Take care brothers! Power been out and still not on in the hills. A lot of snow came down too. Stay warm, dry and safe.....

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    starting to get ugly around here. sleet and ice predicted for the next 6 hours....then it turns to snow. looks like i'm gonna be iced in for a couple of days. you folks stay safe at home - no reason to risk injury in this stuff.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Phil, we got email from family at Hereford, TX. (near Amarillo) They're in a blizzard, snowing and drifting. It first started as ice and sleet. So you will probably be in for the same.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well,we have 12"+ so far,drifts from 3-5 ft and still more on the way,predictin another 3-6" before its over with tomorrow afternoon. I been out three times today ,Its nasty.

16. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    I hope you guys have auxiliary power and heat. Looks like you will need it.

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    5:45 Friday morning.The weather guesser has said Southern mid Tennessee will get 1/4 inch of ice by noon then 3=4 inches of snow.So far nothing South of I40.Snowing up by Paris Landing now.Keep warm and stay off the roads if you can. smokey out!
    smokey

18. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Its 12:15 PM in S0. Illinois and we only have flurries and nothing on the ground. Still talking about more later today, but the ice has passed under us. Phil do you have an update. I hear Oklahoma is hard hit.

19. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well I suppose to have went to work today,for snow and ice removal , but my boss called and told me the campus is closed till monday.. so we got to go in tomorrow at noon and put salt down.. I hope the road will be better tomorrow ,than they are now... We really got blessed this time around,because we did not get as much ice as they predicted... IT was mostly sleet to begin with,now it's just snowing like crazy...I hope I can make it to work tomorrow with out wrecking... loool

20. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    1:15 PM we didnt get the ice they told us about but the snow started around 10 AM and we have 5 inches now and still comming down.ohh what a great day not to have to go anyware.smokey out
    smokey