Weather forecast for NW MO

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Todd Strong, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Has any looked at the long range forecast for this weekends opening weekend of gun season. Saturday high of 66 and low of 54 and showers. Sunday high of 70 and low of 52 and showers, 30 percent chance for both days. That stinks, possible good morning hunts, eat and take an nap.:angry:

caught this deer in camera, will be an nice deer next year.

And second pic two yongester's squaring off.

Attached Files:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Cool pics! At least we are supposed to have a good freeze this week - should finish off most of what's left of the ticks.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Frist thanks for the pictures.That was some neat shots.
    Our weather in my area is calling for Sat in the 50's rain Sat night ,chance of rain Sun and in the 50's again. Now to night it's to be in the 20's.Brr.All you Deer Hunters out there stay safe and hope youi get the deer of your dreams.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Was hopeing for some cold weather Todd. Looks like the food plot is doing well. Hope you all have a good and safe season.

5. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne

Troy, I was all excited at the long range last week and they had to go and change it. Maybe things will change. I'am praying. Good luck and have a safe hunt yourself.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Huntin NW Mo. myself and watchin the forecast. Going to be warm for sure. The nap deal sounds Ok to me. Hope it changes and gets colder.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It's opening day of deer season here Saturday also. It's also a 3 day weekend but theres a slight chance of rain forcast for all 3 days:sad2:. Oh well i have warm rain gear i'm hunting Saturday and Sunday and fishing Monday rain or shine:big_smile:.

8. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Todd - have you been out much? Well, I missed 150" 8 pointer at 805 on Sunday morning chasing a doe. Then later that day I had the biggest deer I have ever seen at 5 yards and couldn't get him killed. I would say he is 180" 14 pointer. He was absolutely huge. Here it is 70 degrees, 130 in the afternoon who would have thought he would be making a scrape and out cruising around. I sure hope he screws up during gun season. It would have been nice to kill him with a bow but I'll take this one either way. Good luck to all this weekend!

9. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I'am wondering how close we are hunting, I had an 12 point 30 yards 2 saturdays ago around 3:00 but wouldn't offer an shot. Probably in the 170"s.
    My job hasn't offered me much time for hunting except weekends.

10. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Todd - this is up on the IA line. I know where you hunt around me. I used to hunt that farm and there are bunch of big deer in that area. Keep an eye out for a big cat, very big cat!

11. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Baber had some cattle come up missing and the dogs keep bringing bones of deer up to the house. We put out camera's last spring but didn't catch the cat an camera. I took an shot at one last year at the lucky strike farm, was about 500 yards out and I shot just over its back. Seen tracks this spring but havn't seen any for four to five months now. Little spooky walking to stands in the dark though.

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Now that's kind of funny. Sat. and Sunday are going to be in the 50's at night with every other day being nice and cool. Oh well the deer will still be out.