Weather for the Week: Best fishing day.

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by goshawk, Dec 6, 2009.

1. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well now that the cold weather looks like it is setting in, I figured I start a thread to get some feed back on the upcoming weather for the week.

Looking at the weather this week, if I was to guess the best fishing day appears to be on Wednesday afternoon / evening.

I saying that because looks like rain for sure on Tuesday, but cooler temps. Then rain ending on Wednesday and a high around 67. Of course the rivers might be up because of the rain on Tuesday.

I was thinking of the Flint, either at Blackshear or below the dam at Warwick, since the other sections of the Flint may be too high. :sad2:

Of course there is always the Chattahoochee River :cool2:

2. cvbaitman

cvbaitman New Member

State:
    georgia
    monday looks good also before rain comes in ...temp s ok i can put on enough clothes to put on to keep warm:0a18:

3. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    can't do none right now took my boat apart remoldeling it for a 60 gal livewell

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Go before the next cold front comes through (when it's raining). :smile2:

5. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    do you give a discount when its raining?......lmao....:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    No, I charge more when it's raining. LOL

7. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I tried to do some fishing yesterday at the Big Lazar, while the temerature was nice, the wind was pretty bad. Got a couple of back lashes on my bait caster when I cast out and the wind slapped that chunk of liver as it was in mid flight and stopped it like a wall. We did not catch a thing and mabye a bite or two at best.

I still go bait left over :confused2: so I'm thinking maybe of heading to the Flint below Blackshear (Warwick GA). Do you all think the weather is too cool? I am thinking below the dam, and it' just turned cold that the water temps have not dropped that much this quickly?

I figure else where on the Flint's it's still a bit too high but I guess it will drop quick.

Pat

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    that's what I was thinkin too....I'm sure the fish were biting real good from tuesday night through wednesday morning until the front came through and the winds picked up......was a pretty big front........i'm able to go today but I'm not even gonna waste my time....Looking at the week forecast monday looks pretty good.....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Man, I've seen it a thousand times. When a cold front goes through, you can pretty much forget about getting a bite.

10. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It sure does, may have to head to TN monday. The only problem is that they're movin' over 100,000 cfs right now.

11. cvbaitman

cvbaitman New Member

State:
    georgia
    go fish when ever you can hot cold rain sleat snow,
    any time is a good time