Weather.com's "Fishing Forecast"

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dburkhead, May 6, 2009.

1. dburkhead

dburkhead New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Weather Channel's site "Weather.com" provides a "fishing forecast." Wondering what people thought of it: waste of time or a useful aid?

Not just catfish, but fishing in general (I go after panfish a lot with my daughter).

2. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    i use weather.com i look at the fishing forcast and i am still not quite there with a true answer a lot of the time i look at it seems like the peek times to go i am at work i have noticed they dont show like the overnight forcast times unless your at you pc at that time thats no help. so my answer would be the same as yours i guess--undetermined.:confused2:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    this is just the 'solunar' chart giftwrapped in some different words.

my opinion of solunar charts was strongly worded in this recent threadhttp://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109107

It would be nice to think that somehow weather.com had managed to sneak in the pretty genuine feeding affect of fish before a front or storm; but I really doubt it.

5. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    thanks for "plugging my thread":smile2: i wondered the same thing but i doubt they do anything but put solunar times up. how cool would it be for someone to figure everything in for us? barometric pressure, wind, cold fronts, insect hatch...everything. sounds like a business plan...now if i only knew how to write html:wink: