wearspan

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by colburn, Mar 10, 2009.

1. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Went out saturday in the crappy weather. Got 1 bite but sure felt good to sit on the lake. there were a couple other boaters out there they didnt look like they were to happy but heard people were catchin 12-18 walleye on friday. Hope to get me a few cats saturday and sunday at wearhspan and zorinsky

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Is there even open ice right now?

3. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    saturday wearpan was 100 percent open and zorinsky was 90 percent open bota ramps are in as long as it dont freeze shut im goin to one saturday and one sunday got a new secret bait to try out

4. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    went out again all day saturday caught my pb 22 lb blue other than that though only a couple bites but it was beautiful out there

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    where did you catch the blue? I went up to summit this evening and caught 3 bass just under the size limit. I was trying to catch bluegill for cut bait and ended up with bass that had to be turned loose.
    :cool2:

6. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I've been looking online for where wearspan is and cant find it. Where abouts is this lake? Were you fishing on the shore or on a boat and what did you use for bait. I would really like to catch a blue, I've never even seen one in person. Would appreciate any info you could share!

7. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i cant give up where my holes at but i was using a night crawler its is around 154 giles and i was in a boat

8. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Awesome, I found the lake on the map. It also goes by chalco hill rec area...... made finding info much easier. A big thanks to you! Without giving up any secret holes where would a guy be best suted to fish from the bank at?

9. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yes its in the chalco hills rec area. one good thing about that lake is i think fishing from shoere is set up good parking and trails up and down the lake i would pick a cove and beat it up

10. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Awesome, I hope to hit it up this weekend and hopefully walk away with a nice picture of a huge cat! Supposed to be cold as heck but its killin me that i'm not out. Thanks again!

11. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Dont forget to wear yur little bootys !!:smile2:

12. newestcathunter

newestcathunter New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I fished it twice last year from the dock with no luck. Have a boat this year and thinking about going out today. Can anyone confirm what type of fish are in the lake other than channels. Are there blue cat in this lake too?

I've also never fished for blue's, what is the prefered bait?
    I've fished Zorinsky like crazy of the last two years and have caught my fair share of channels, anyone know if that lake has blue's in it?

Thanks

13. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Im not sure what fish are in the lake but the 2009 fishing guide should tell you :cool2::smile2:

14. catman1982

catman1982 Member

State:
    from MO in KS
    well im from missouri but oyu should be able to check your state conservation web site to see if there are blues in it and what use for bait is cut shad or blue gill

15. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Welcome to the BOC Gary :cool2: