We should get a gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Kevin N, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    I love catgishing wife goes with enjoys watching and helping she mostly plays on her laptop but we should all get together to meet each other granett reef is clost to the 202 about 20 min from ASU up the 202 or Sagauro lake is also nice meeting place at there is grills there coverings and load of open shore line to fish from we normaly have the hole shore line to ourselfs Sagauro is always open to get into where granett reef gate closes at sundown and is listed as day use would like more feed back as to if anyone else is intrested or other places.

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    well I am in but I think that we should use roosevelt or bartlett. We should take a head count for who is interested and see who has boats or not and see what kind of 'Az BOC 1st Annual meeting" should take place and what we should do!!

Count "Get Hooked" aka Matthew in for two + two boys:big_smile:

I do have a boat!

3. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    we do not have a real boat have a 10' jon boat but bot one i would take out on a lake late night for cats too many other boats w/young boaters try to wake me it is sad people do not pay attiotion to the no wake bouies and the jet skies are always messing with the poor fisherman in the small boats they realy do try to capsise the small boats thats sad.to say but i have seen and heard people talking and joking about the way they rocked the small boats

4. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well I held the catfishing derby for boc members awhile back at bartlett.It was fun,and I had a good time(except my boat blowing away in the wind,and me having to swim for it at night!)Anyway a get together would be cool!Bartlett has been great latley too! Lets set something up!!:smile2:

5. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    One thing we really need to consider is the temp (for the families with kids and wives) and the SPAWN. I have never had good luck for cats in the early summer due to this. THey seem just to stick to the cover and that is that. Channels still seem to bite here or there but the flats stop completely until mid summer.

6. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
  7. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Really? I have never had that experince yet.I know fall and spring are better,but some of my biggest flats have come in early summer!I record most good trips with info like date, time, water temp,location,bait ect....Then I look at them and try to figure out patterns!!This year has been a little strange,but fishing has been good for us!!Im waiting for rosey in late oct.,its paid off 4 years in a row with flats over 30lbs!!!

8. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Yea it is hard to beat Rossie for flats in the fall or early spring. As far as early summer I mean around end of june mid-july. Fish just seem to be harder to pattern, so I have always attribuded it to the spawn. Maybe it is just my technique. But seem to good during the spring and fall periods?!

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Man that sounds good. But I think I only have one trip before my son is born, (JULY) and the only sleepless nights will be on the rocking chair with a bottle, for a while anyways.
    * I am thinking father's day will be my last opportunity for an overnight trip until late in fall.

Hopefuly I will spend that time at Bartlet.

10. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Count me in Bartlett sounds good. Fathers day weekend would be good before it gets to hot.

11. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Bartlett also sounds good,but fathers day weekend Im booked for a 3 day trout trip in the white mnts.Any other weekend is good for me.

12. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    The problem with Bartlett is there no shade and it's freakin hot out there during the day. I would love to see an Arizona gathering. A little later in the fishing season would be nice. It would give people more time to plan. There's so many theories about when the best time to cat big fish is but really it's when you can put a big fat gill within earshot of one that's hungry. Are winters are like some peoples summers. I've caught nice cat's all year round in this state. It's always nice to catch big fish but it's really all about the gathering. Bartlett is kinda nice because we coluld all camp right in the same spot and close to the water.

Fish on and go Cav's. I hate the Spurs. How bout them D'Backs

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Here is a suggestion One of our members came up with a great ideal for the heat. Take a 110 air conditioner and a plastic bucket that is not big but long enough to sit in with the front poking out and put it at the door of your tent and zip the door around it. It will stay cool inside. Or take a fan or two and do the same. Just an opinion. :big_smile:

14. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would be up for this, but fathers day weekend I will be heading up to Colorados San Juan mountains for two weeks. No cats but the trout fishing should be excellent. :)

Anytime after that would be great though, should plan these things regularly, would be cool to meet some of you guys and learn from you.

15. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I'm in for this but I do also think we should plan it out a little further. Maybe mid sept or so. THat way we can do it right, and make this a tradition. You know like get shirts, banners, etc. There obviously is a interest and the az catmen are growing daily. SO I think if we do it right it will attract the right people for the right reasons. BUt count me in now matter when, ecept father's day, you know that one even though it is my day, is dedicated to family and the boss!:confused2:

16. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I'm Down for a cat trip at either Roosy or Bartlet in September that would be a great time for a gathering...

* I think I will be at Bartlet next week, Father's day..

~ To beat the heat, I installed a misting system on the bimini shade on my pontoon boat tied into my live well feed.. I hope it works!

With this in, the wifey might want to go!

Take care FOLKS~

17. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    What's next Azflats? A DVD player, maybe a dish. Ha Ha I'm just giving you crap man. Good luck at Bartlett. I think I'm headed out there Wednesday. I'll let you know how I do..

Micah

18. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    hay Mich. when we go (my wife & I) we take the laptops and yes we do takke DVD's to watch. I enjoy the fishing and she emjoys the getting out of the house. Brenda enjoys working on Graphics & uses that time to work on new stuff on her laptop here is how we set up at sagauro for fishing
    hang lights from gazabo and set thing up

Attached Files:

19. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dont rush it, I missed the Colorado river gathering this year, and if this one is too soon I'll miss it too. I'm with GHooked on this one, give some time to plan correctly. I think late Sept. or early Oct. would be nice either way the quicker the date is set the more time people have to plan. Lets do this!