We need to attend the next open ODNR meeting

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 3, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As many of you know there is a post on here about the growing problem of people in Ohio, illeaglly catching trophy fish and selling them to pay ponds.

It is illeagl in Ohio, but it is being done more, and more all the time.

Arguing about it on here aint gonna solve the problem.

Getting the info on these people and calling your county game warden may help.

But we need a few of us to attend the next ODNR meeting, and let our voices be heard about this big problem in OHIO.

2. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I agree and would be more than willing to attend.

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    if i lived in ohio i would

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    fill the whole darn place up

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll go!!!! :angry: Someone find the date and post it on here to let everyone know!

6. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll go, if I don't have to work.:angry:

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Road Trip... Rent a bus or two or three.......

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Just let us know the when's.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will find out guys, they used to have a couple of them a year....Not sure when the next one will be.

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    yall ought to make a gathering out of it :wink:

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Stay tuned guys, I am working with DNR now to hold a Catfish Forum for all the clubs and it will be a place to voice our, as conservation minded serious catfishermen, opinions. I have been involved with the Trout Forums and from them some regulations have changed and it is a chance to let the DNR know that we are a serious group and most of all its a chance to get organized with simillar views.

Stay tuned, Once I have some dates and details Ill post them.

I might add that this will NOT be a bashing session, that will get us nowhere, we need to politically give our input and decide as a group which issues are most important. The paylake/purchase of trophy fish would certainly be high on the list whie commercial fishing would not be since Ohio doesnt allow it and has no control over the Ky guys who are allowed to do it. Does that make sense??
    Anyways, once I have the details, Ill gather a list of issues and it will be important that we play by the DNR 's rules, remember that large organizations do not move very fast. But the squeeky wheel always gets at least a little attention :wink:

Salmonid

12. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    iam there let me know when and where

13. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i wish ya'll luck......hopefully they'll up the rod limit for rod and reel catfishermen sometime too in ohio?

14. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    yah!! a date and place would be great!! i'll go as long as its in central or western part of the state. north or south does'nt matter!! let us know!! shane

15. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    go to the odnr site and click on wildlife council and it shows the times of the open meetings there in all districts in the state columbus , athens,findley etc.

16. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I don,t live in Ohio ,but i have to say ;I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU GUYS,THIS IS WHAT IS NEEDED ,not complaining on here between members of the BOC,we need to work together as a group for the betterment of our sport.:cool2:

I am glad this good has come out of a grass roots group such as the BOC ,you know there is almost 30 thousand members on here now,u know thats a prudy good size feild of grass :wink::smile2:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'll be there. If any of the rest of you want to change anything you will be too. I've seen these meetings before, they get 6 guys to show up that think the duck season should be extended, and the DNR does it. If 100 or 200 of us show up we will get some consideration.This is our only avenue sadly. But the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Unless you'all want to pony up funds for a lobbying group, this is our best bet.

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Below is the date and time of the next open ODNR meeting, I will be there and I hope many of you.

September 10, 2009, 9am

Wildlife District One Office
    1500 Dublin Road
    Columbus
    This hearing is open to the public and input is permitted within specific time limits. After considering public input, the Ohio Wildlife Council will vote on the proposed rules and season dates during its next meeting.