Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today is the day we set aside to be thankful and to give thanks. Even with supply shortages, civil discord, high fuel prices, runaway inflation and our long time rival Russa rattling her sword louder than normal I have so much to give thanks for. I am warm, overfed, have average health for my age, my kids (and their spouses) are among the employed, my grandkids are doing well in school, I have a wife that couldn't be replaced even if I had another 65 years to try and I live in the USA.
I do my fair share and maybe even a little more of complaining about things, I get aggravated that age has reduced my ability to do what I could 40 years ago but Thanks Giving Day pulls my thoughts to the positive I have going on which far outweighs the negative.
Hope you all have a great one weather it's enjoying the parade, the game, a reunion with family or just getting a full belly.

Premium Member
It would be nice if folks realized what they take for granted. I have been in at least 20 countries. Some are nice and some not so nice. None and I mean none offer anything close to what is available here as an American. We need to fix what has problems. Some folks really need the help. Some folks take advantage of the system. Just realize there is a difference.

I find I need the next day also to get over everything I ate the day before.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Tom, I have only been in three countries outside the U.S. and all three were NATO nations so they were not too bad but still couldn't compare to the U.S.
If you only need the "next day" to recover from time at the dinner table you are not doing it right and should try a little harder, I start feeling unstuffed about the end of the first NFL game Sunday.馃槣

Premium Member
J, I have been doing all the cooking for the past two years now. When cooking for two, one diabetic, you are limited. We had Land o Frost sliced turkey, cold, mashed potatoes and green beans. I also had a slice of punkin pie while my sweetheart watched. I felt bad but it was wonderful. She is good about sticking with her diet but it would be tough on me.

Since we are lucky enough to live in this great country, the only thing I had to wish for was someone to come in and wash the dishes.

tight lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts