We love to fish too

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by philly'swife, Aug 22, 2007.

1. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    I just wanted to get an idea of how many of you brothers fish with your wives or girlfriends. I love fishing with my husband whenever I get the chance, and I also enjoy outfishing him lol. :smile2:

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Katina, come on now...

I let my wife plant the garden this year and it's the best garden we've ever had, despite a long drought. Now do you think I'm going to let her outfish me too?

Some things just have to remain "sacred"! :smile2:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    She will go when our days off run the same. Heres a couple of pics of her at it.

Attached Files:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My wife will go with me, this year she has stepped it up and caught something, better than me so far :big_smile:

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    me and amy fish together all the time. she is my fav. fishin' buddy. (she always brings snacks) our house is covered in pictures of me and her fishing. my cell phone has a picture of her holding up about a 10 #flatty. we took a trip to lake tahoe one year and i took a pic. of her with a huge lake trout. a couple days later she took a pic of me with a very small rainbow trout. she had both pics blown up and hung side by side in the living room so that everyone thinks she outfished me up there.

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Katina: When I fish I like to fish alone. Nancy loves to fish and we do our share together, not often, but enough to keep everyone satisfied. When Nancy fishes with me it is for fun and we can enjoy ourselves. I however like to fish, like hunting when I do that anymore, as a serious business. I throw everything back, but I am out there to see what I can do. It also is the only time I have to myself and that means a lot to me. Nothing against Nancy of course. If you and Philly, or anyone else for that matter enjoys it together it probably is one of the most equal opportune times in a marriage. When you feel like drowning him just push him in the water.

Now if you want to go fishing with me sometime, we'll leave Philly at home. As long as you don't try and drown me. John

7. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    I like to keep it peaceful. No drowning here. :cool2:

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    my wife and son love to fish with me. most of the time they outfish me. here is proof.

9. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    My wife fishes with me a few times each summer. She has come to love being on the river almost as much as I do. We both work long hours and she likes to "sleep in" on Saturday and I like to be on the river real early and get a nap later in the afternoon. So normally we we fish together, we take an afternoon trip. Once in a while she gets up and goes with me on a Saturday morning. We enjoy or time on the water and I welcome her in my boat anytime she wants to make the trip.

10. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    ok it wont let me put them on here because i posted them on another thread. whats the deal with that? check out the post "last saturday night".

11. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I love to fish. It's so peaceful sitting there watching your pole and spending time out in the open. We once lived in the Panhandle of Oklahoma and to get to water we had to drive at least 60+ miles. Hubby and I would go every chance we got. Didn't really catch anything of any size like here but still was so wonderful. Then we moved here, where there is lots of water. Bought a pontoon boat and can honestly say he took me fishing more when we lived where there wasn't water close than he has taken me the whole 4 years that we have lived here. :sad2: Now we live 1 mile from the New Mannford boat ramp and campground. I haven't been fishing but 1 time this year and that was for only 30 minutes cause the wind came up and water started comin down. :sad2: Already threatened, next year not gonna waste my money on fishin license. If I wanna go I have to go alone. :angry:

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't go very often. I didn't even bother to buy a license this year as it would have been wasted anyhow. Between kids, classes, work, I don't have time to go much. I want to fish for fun and stress reduction, Matt wants to do that SERIOUS fishing stuff. My back won't take 2 days of NON-STOP fishing so I don't get to go. Come to think of it, I don't think he wants me to go. He don't even ask me to go when he's fishing with MY father for a few hours.:angry: If I had a boat I bet he would want me to go. Too bad for him. No fish with me, no getting to use my boat when I get one.:smile2:

13. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    If I try to go fishin with out Jan (Okie Gal) I'm in some kinda trouble. So I wait till she has a student to tutor at night and sneak off. If she reads this thread......

We love fishin together.

14. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    lol sounds to me like you need to tell him there are ways for him to "go without"certain things if he wont take you fishing! lol he will be spending ALONE time unless he takes you fishing with him lol i hope he doesnt read this lmao :0a10::0a10::0a10: maybe you should ask him to take you? lmao :smile2:

wow i hope she doesnt read this too bro! lol heads will roll if she does and unlucky for you, i dont think the bighead would be the one rolling :crazy::eek:oooh::embarassed: :tounge_out::wink:

15. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    With all the gents on this site, I'd like to see more replies to my question. Come on guys step it up and take the gals fishing.:beat_plaster::0a24::0a23:

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Ok heres my reply. Ya wanna go fishin Katrina?? Try not to outfish me. Invite the old man also!!

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i'd rather watch Amy outfish me, than watch one of my buddies try to sneak the last drink outa the ice chest anyday!

18. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    let me try this again. here are some pics of my wife on her first trip for flathead.

Attached Files:

19. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Great thread, Katina. My wife does like to fish, but she hasn't gone for awhile. I figure that when our daughter gets a little older we can make it a family affair.

They'll catch bluegill, and I'll use them for bait. :smile2:

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    No more woman for me. Just me and my old pops now. Looking for a good catting girl though :wink: