We Lost A Country Music Legand TODAY!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by redneckdrum, Mar 25, 2006.

1. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    One of mycountry music hero's died this morning,BUCK OWENS.As some of you know,I'm a C/W musician playing the classic's.To me,Buck was the Honky-Tonk king.He was the one who really made me appreiciate that old beer drinkin',two-steppin' jukebox sound.How many of you out there waited around the TV on Saturday nites waitin for HEE HAW to come on.When you hear Buck's name,what song of his comes to your mind?

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    the song that comes to my mind is deuling banjos....
    he was one the greats and a great loss...

3. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I would still be watching Hee Haw if it still came on. Both Buck Owens and His Buckaroos had very unique sounds. Tiger By The Tail was the first song that came to mind when I thought of him.

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    fire engine red ,t-bird automobile! they call him the fireman thats his name

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Naw, it's got to be Pickin and a Grinnin with Buck and Roy

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Buck Owens is from down in Bakesfield. Always stop in his place when we travel with my daughters soccer team going to socal. AWESOME guy! Bakersfield is bout 100 miles south of Fresno. Real sad day. He was also very funny. could been a stand up comic too. Big heart and will not be forgotten:crying:

7. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    He is now picken and grinnen with the many up there! What a band!

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    He was definetly one of the best country greats.
    Did anyone hear what he died of ???
    I'm a big C and W fan and he was great.
    Todays country isn't the same as the old country music, I like todays country but the old country music was just GOOD OLE COUNTRY MUSIC !!!! and I don't like that rap music in my country music !!!!! No offense to anyone hear but Country music should stay country and Buck Owens was PURE country.

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I sure am gonna miss him too. I was a fan of Hee Haw since the first time I seen it when I was a little boy. I wonder what he died of and where and when is the services will be held? Tiger by the tail is legendary and he had many great hits. I hope they have a greatest hits album out soon.

10. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    :sad: Also i thought he was a GREAT singer! He will also be truely missed!

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Every time I heard his name I thought of one song; I've Got A Tiger By the Tail!!! He was a true country singer and will be sorely missed!!:sad:

12. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hate to hear he's gone. He's from back when country WAS country.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The "love bug" is the song I think about when you mention Buck. Yes he is one of the last true country/cowboy singers. My favorite is George Jones, he will probably go next. The good part is we will have them for as long as we live,to listen to and watch on old film.
    I met a guy that was the head hair dresser for the HEE HAW show. He was a friend of my cousin Richard. He was cutting my hair one day and was telling me stories about some of the stars. He said Buck was real particular about the cow lick on the crown of his head. He could get real nasty if it wasn't glued down just right. lol I can remember seeing it pop up once or twice over the years. lol
    This is a sereous question, do they bury a cowboy with his hat?

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hadn't heard this news yet. Geeze, he was the thing to watch on Saturday nights before we went out clubbing. Was always good to watch on Hee Haw.

15. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I will miss him, he was a great man.

16. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Back in 1987,He released an album titled 'Hot Dog' which is my all-time favorite album from him.If you never heard it,it's awesome.He does covers like Memphis,Summertime Blues,And my favorite,a duet with Dwight Yokom on the song Under Your Spell Again.

17. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I always liked him too.Tiger By The Tail and (the old Ringo Starr) Act Naturally always come to mind for me.Although Roy usually took the spotlight on pickin' on Hee Haw Buck was a very great picker in his own right.I've always liked that Bakersfield sound.He will be missed.

18. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Tiger by the Tail was the song that I remembered the most by Buck, didn't care to much when I was younger for Hee Haw---lived with my Grandparents alot and instead of watching what I would at the time call good programs my Grandma always watched HEE HAW. I think it's sad that all the great CW Singers seem to be passing away or close to it, makes me feel old---who's next, kind of like the old Actors---ain't many old ones still out there from the 50's.

19. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    He sure will be missed, not only was he very talented his self, he had a great ear for new talent.

20. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I will miss his sharp wit and great tunes.