we lost a brother and a soldier and i lost a friend

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 10, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i found out this morning a good friend of mine whom was also a member here when he was not overseas has lost his life to an accident. he has spent probably the last 5-7 years in afganastan and iraq. he was one of the few active service men from this small town. following his fathers footsteps.

i dont remember his username because he was only on when on leave and probably has very few posts. can the staff pleas find it for me. his name was john (johnnie) gaston. from waynesville illinois. im good friends with him and his family.his dads girlfriend just lost her dad not but a few months ago too.

he was a bit younger than me. 28 or so. he was back stateside and off base in kansas yesterday and the car he was driving or riding in was struck by a train. i heard it from my grandmother earlier. i seen his aunt in my driveway this afternoon but missed her by the time i got to the door. i dont know the details other than he is no longer with us.

please pray for his family the john gaston family. his dad was john too. sad after surviving the hostile dessert he comes home and looses his young life. i hadnt seen him for 6 months or so since his last leave.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Very sorry to hear this Jeremy. Prayers to the family and to you for the loss of a friend.

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Hey buddy my prayers are out to you and your friends family.Tell them he was a hero.

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    JEREMY, I`m sorry for your loss I will pray for you all.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    He and all family members will be in our thoughts and prayers.

6. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I hate to hear about soldiers returning home after being at war and loosing their lives. Prayers sent.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am so sorry that Brother Gaston's young life was cut so short. He will be missed,and I will have his family in pray! RIP BROTHER GASTON YOU WILL BE MISSED:sad2::sad2:Sister Powell

8. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thoughts and prayers from southwest Missouri.

9. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    PRAYERS coming from Indianapolis for the Gaston family and you Jeremy! {GOD COME } :worship::worship:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers for you ,as well as his family.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sorry for your loss Jer. My prayers and thought are with him
    smokey

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My prayers go out to his family, god bless.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sorry for your loss Jeremy, My prayers go out to him and his family. Gone but not forgotten.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    he was a flatheader him and his dad. they had a fish fry last time he was home. sad thing is i was the only non family friend of his to show. all the others were at the bar.:angry: some of them showed up at 1am after it closed. when they came in i looked at em and shook my head and left. they were smashed. now so were we but i was there all afternoon and eve with the family playing games and eatin fish. bet now some would have spent a bit more time with him.

last time he was home he was asking about having me mount him a squirrel. think i might mount it and give it to his father. just as a thinks for his sons service. guess ide rather see it this way thaan dying in that dessert.:sad2:

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :sad2:
    Sorry to hear about the sad news this morning --- I'll send out my prayers from California to ya Buddy as well as the other family & friends.

16. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    An unfortunate loss.. prayers sent.

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    sorry for your loss brother, prayers from tx,,,

18. AlwaysFishin

AlwaysFishin New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    my prayers are with you and his family.

19. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to Our Brother, your friend and his family.
    May you find peace throught the words of God.

Walter & Pam Husak

20. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    prayers going out for the gaston family from va. sorry to hear this. my son spent 10 months in iraq. when he came home it was a big releif to us and i am sure his family must have been releived to have him home then to loose him must have been a hard blow. prayers for the train engineer and all involved.