we got skunked

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jul 11, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Willie, Russ and I got skunked big time last night. we went through lock 27 pretty fast and with Russ's wonderful boat blasted to the grainery's at over 40 miles a hour. Just a few minor bites and we stayed out untill about 3 am. On the way back we had a real strong oder of a skunk just to rub our nose in it about our skunk. Really nice night out. Were going to really nail them tonight.:big_smile:

2. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Mrs Okie wasn't skunked last night:smile2:
    ask her to show pic:wink:

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    What pic...we don't have no stinking pic.....:angry: :angry:

Mr Okie :wink: :wink:

4. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I guess we don't have proff:sad2:
    now i'm starting to smell like Pat:crazy: och

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    We fished last night from around 7 to 1am.... Big Fat Skunkola on my boat to. :sad2: We were fishing the confluence area.

6. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Not a great night but better than nothing...

Attached Files:

7. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i got skunked myself, on catfish at least. i fished the meramec from sundown till sun up, ended with 2 gar and 4 turtles. one of the turtles is my new pb turtle. it was a snapper that was an easy 30 pounds plus. this guy was huge and pissed off. once i got him on shore he actually tried to run me down......lol.

nice fish okie, its nice to see something without a shell.....lol

8. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lots of skunk going around this past week. I look at it as a good thing as it means we are that much closer to the post spawn feeding frenzy!!

Glad you all had a nice SAFE night. I've been wanting to fish the grain terminal some time. I'll get to it sometime this summer. I can see it every morning on my way to work. There has been more than one morning when I see the grain dust cloud in the air (meaning they are loading grain) that it is all I can do to keep from turning the truck around to head back for the boat...and playing hookie.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    tough night indeed.... I just knew we would find fish in those spots.. Still a great night... Got to fish with Russ & Pooper.. Russ has one heck of a set up on his boat...Not to mention the info i soak up from them guys.. Those kitties are in trouble once the floater hit the water again

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Spawn has been over for a few weeks now....just need the water temp and the river levels to stop fluctuating up and down...That's what's killing the bite here lately....

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Bill, what is the total fish weight you have put in the boat "here lately"?:crazy::wink:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    More then he can lift, try an imagine that lol