WE GOT HAMMERED....we made it

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Big Sam, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Arkansas got hammered with tornadoes testerday evening and last night. One formed about 10 miles from Booneville around Ione:eek:oooh: It went over scranton, russelleville, and dardnelle then it took to the ground and stayed on it for over 75 miles:sad2: Atkins got hit hard, gassville and clinton. People were killed lets say aword for the families. God be with them in there time of need.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    My thoughts and prayers will be with the families that lost loved ones due to the storms.

3. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    prayers for the families that lost loved ones . We were lucky just trees at my house.

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I got lucky just had a warning.Prayers to all the victims.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    few downed trees here but no real damage.prayes from here to.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Lucky Landing, on Lake Atkins, just south of the town was basically destroyed. I've been seeing films of the destruction on TV. I've fished out of that landing more times than I can count.

7. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ill make sure i say something tonight for you guys hope you guys get everything cleaned up fast and hope it all works out.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad to hear you BOC member's from Arkansas made it through the storms. My thoughts and Prayers go out to those affected by the storms.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That is certainly a tragedy. Glad to hear you are okay.

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to hear that you and yours are safe Sam.

11. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I guess we got lucky here in oxford ,Ms,a tornado hit the Cat dozer factory (one hurt) then went on and hit my wife's sister's place.She had the windows broken in her car and one of her grandkids's house got hit and damaged another one's moblehome got damaged(no one hurt) then it went on and hit a friends place and wrecked his house hurt his wife and broke one of his legs and wrecked his son's house and broke both his legs.

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    last night was a bad one for the people to the north and west of us.
    when it got here to s,e, Ga, there wasn't much to it.had some rain and one tornado just across the river in Tombs co, but that was it.the good lord was with us,,
    thoughts and prayer to all.

13. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sam good to see you made it through safe. My thoughts and prayers with the families affected by the storms.

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Highland got hit. Mostly businesses along highway 62/412. 1 church and parsonage completely gone. 2 vacated car dealership buildings, a Baptist church, a doctors office and medical supply building, a drug store and a couple of resturants heavily damaged. Couldn't take the back streets due to downed trees and electrical lines and debris all over but sure a few residents houses got it bad too. You can log into kait8.com and click on pics if you want to see damages.

I was lucky. Live 11 miles north but still hit the storm cellar when the wind quit blowing and the air got deathly still all of a sudden. Didn't come out till it started raining again.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to hear that ,Sam. Prayers for all affected by this tho.

16. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I was in St. Joe working, installing HVAV in a new metal bldg. The winds came up and the hail was the size of baseballs. Man it was loud on that metal bldg! We knew there were tornados close by, but we had no where to go. It was a little scary, but we were lucky.
    I will be praying for all the people that were not so lucky.

17. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I had a feeling someone on the BOC was either in one or reeally close. Glad your OK smellycat!:big_smile: