We Got A LOTTA Rain

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, Aug 27, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I checked the rain guage last night and we had gotten around 3" over the previous 12 hours. I emptied it last night and when I checked it a few minutes ago we had 5" more inches from overnight storms.

Thats a total of 8" in about 30-36 hours.

The better news is that the rains were widespread and not isolated storms like we usually get. Thats going to have a major impact on our rivers and lakes.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yep, our end of the river has come up 7 feet so far. It will probably come up a heap more before it runs off. I may try 'em this afternoon.
    BB in SC

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    its good news for the state, some of the areas we used to fish arent even accessible even if we got out of the boat and tried pushing it. I'm about tired of running into stumps and sandbars anyways.

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    only one happy in the Yadkin chain is Alcoa, they will pump that out as fast as they can... look at falls lake, it is falling now.

5. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    checked my rain gage this morning and it had 43/4" and still comming down here in north wilkesboro.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My redneck rain gauge (5 gallon bucket I stuck out on my porch when it started raining today) said we got about 2in in just a couple of hours. I'm sure there's gonna be some more this afternoon and tomorrow. I don't even want to know what the Cape Fear is going to look like tomorrow:crazy:

7. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ok i will not tell you what it looks like lol ,nothing will change except a little higher! man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out:

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Wateree, Wylie, and Norman are within a few inches of being at full pond. I will bet with TS Gustav set to strike New Orleans early next week, and TS Hanna on course for SC, the utilities will be letting some water flow for the next several days.

If Gustav makes landfall and moves east, or if Hanna does stay on course for SC, we could be in store for some major rain.

9. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I had 4 3/4" in my gauge yesterday when I got home. And then it rained a lot more yesterday evening. This has been some more wet week. And my food plots are lovin it.:big_smile:

10. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just give me time to plant my food plots then let it rain we need it

11. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Cobra that ground outta be nice and loose Saturday. Get them in the ground this weekend or Monday and you outta have some mroe rain by late next week. Hopefully your plots are not too wet to get a tractor in.