we fished 70 mph winds

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by crazyKat, Sep 15, 2008.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    we had our tournament sunday in owensboro. i got to the boat ramp and thought. nah noone will show up but then 7 more boats showed. we decided to fish. launched at 7 a.m. winds was strong but not to bad at 9 to 930 the winds was up to 40 and 50 mph it was the crazy thing i have ever seen. waves was up to 8 feet high and some spots up to 10 feet. noone got hurt. actually few boats caught fish. 1st place 41 pounds and big fish of 19.6 2nd place 14 pounds that is a good weight for fishing a hurricane winds. trees was falling all around me and there was sailboats blown over and a houseboat destroyed. all but one of our boats made it back to the ramp and noone was hurt thank god in the one that didnt. i think they are recovering the boat this morning. it didnt sink they tied of to the bank and it filled with water so it should be ok. next time there is hurricane winds on the forecast i think i will cancel the tournament.

2. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    glad to see everyone made it out ok!

needless to say you prolly didnt even get to try any of my techniques we talked about the other nite lol

hang in there!

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    no sir i didnt. lol but i will try them wednsday. im gna fish all day and try alot of diff techniques. let me ask u this. do you have your sinker on bottom with hook above it when you drift or do you slip sinker rig and drift like that? do you bottom bump with one pole. and when you drift do you drag bottom or have lines up off bottom? sorry so much questions but im ready to fish wednsday with all my new knowledge. 41 pounds i thought was good since they had that at noon with the conditions we had.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds exciting, I am thankful that everyone is safe and that you all were still able to catch some fish.

5. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    slip rig 3-5 ft off the bottom i never let it hit the bottom, unless im usin another technique ! bumpin the bottom ! but i only use it when the fish are holdin tite to cover!

6. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    steve
    whats your schedule next month? im gonna have another small tourny late next month in hawesville. it will be another sunday tourny. maybe on the 26th of october. would love to have you down. and i know u like the hawesville area. let me know if you could make it. everyone that fished sunday said they would be there so that is 8 boats and i think between now and then i may be able to get 5 to 10 more.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad you all survived that sounds like some mighty big waves !