WDM Bigger and Better, Continuation of the [WDM] Thread!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    this is the new thread for wdm gathering..

1-?
    2-?
    3- Kev & Mrs. Kitty ... and Cassk
    4-?
    5-?
    6-?
    7-?
    8-?
    9-?
    10- video guy... and wife
    11- Robbie and maybe brother -1 boat
    12-?
    13- Littlemac and Jennie - 1 boat
    14- ?
    15- Billy and Me - 2 boats ( sat-22nd - Ray & Glenda on sight # 15 -
    Johnnie on sight # 15)
    16- Coach and Sam and T man - 2 boats
    17- Cliff -Eddie-Tops-Matt- 2 boats
    18- Srblack-Newt and trish -1 boat
    19-?
    20- PastorE-1 boat

Not sure on camping or just day trip-

Missul8r-mike
    Bigpappa-
    Countryhart
    Riprap-don-1 Boat
    Brandon and Cali... staying in motel
    Cathog

This is not counting family and friends -

This section is for the breakfast.... what everyone is contributing.

1. P-Collins................. 4 doz eggs and milk
    2. whisker maniac.........slab of bacon
    3. cathog....................sausage
    4. srblack....................bacon and gravy
    5. Tops....................... cinnamon rolls
    6. Pastor E...................fruit
    7. Tallmanrus................jam

We still need biscuits... etc.

This is for the fish fry.

1. cathog......................... fish fillets
    2. Tallmanrus.....................plates & plastic silverware
    3. Whisker Maniac..............corn meal, flour, and onions
    4. CNTRYBOY.................... 3 GAL of peanut oil
    5. srblack.........................coleslaw
    6. Eddie Mullins..................ketchup
    7. fishstick.......................half ears of corn
    8. Tops...........................half ears of corn
    9. Cliff..............................hush puppies and french fries
    10. Puppypal.......................oil and frenchfries
    11. Cass............................Potatoes.. and pickles
    12. P-collins........................Tarter Sauce
    13. Tops.............................BBQ Beans

If anyone wants condiments... such as mustard, relish, or tarter sauce they better speak up... ain't on one mentioned that.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    We still some of you to bring this type griddle, One will take forever to cook all that Breakfast food. Please post if you can bring one!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Boy am I ready to go! I wont to fish!

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hi, Top

I think we all that way, this has got the makins of a very good little Gathering, I know that I have really enjoyed the old thread, some super nice guys, should be one to remember ,

be sure and bring the camera (((LMBO)) """ for the Newbeies""

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The camera is on my List, I will take a picture of all new members and post them an Avatar if they do not have one up.

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well you all ought to know by now that I don't go on any trips without my camera... just ask johnnie lol

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Can't wait!! I will be taking a few pics of everyone for sure. I hope there are going to be some big fish to take pictures of also!

7. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Man I wished I could go :wink: Would like to meet alot of you maybe another
    time:embarassed:

8. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well Dang it Regan just bite the bullet and come on down.

9. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Tall ... not meaning to take over your gathering or anything but I can update/edit the list on the first page where you can't that way everyone can go to the very first page of this thread and see who all is coming and where they will be staying at.

If you know of others that have said they are coming but are not on the list please let me know so I can add them to the list. We would like to know who all is coming ahead of time so we know who to look for. But at the same time if anyone just up and decides to come meet and greet at the last minute that is okay too.

Also we need everyone to check the list on the first page to make sure that we have everything correct.

Thanks
    Kev

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Cant wait for this one either. I dont need a camping spot, but I will probably stay Saturday night anyways. Clay and I can sleep in the van. Was talking to a guide buddy of mine the other day and he said he might come with us also. I sure hope the skips are biting up there, I went out and bought 2 cards of white with red head, and white with pink head jigs. I also bought 4 sabiki rigs. Looking forward to getting back together with yall.

11. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey everyone , i worked off of graveyard this morning and headed down to WDM . Well when i first got there it was already 92 deg. I walked the 20 mile treck down to the dam- just kidding but it is a little walk . Got around to the dam and all gates were running - around 30,000 something , got my two poles launched and it was around 9:45 i got a phone call from Coach , he was checking on the skip situation and told me they shut the gates down around 10: 00 am. He hung up with me and BAM the gates shut down just like he said , Wonder if he has a switch at the house to shut them off :smile2: But then johnnie called and again to checked on the skip situation and we talked a minute and then hung up - O YA about the fishing - i didnt get a bite :angry: The cats moved out and the turtles and gar moved in when the gates shut down , i went over the hill to the discharge and fished a little , and talked to a man there that was fishing for bluegills and had a five gallon bucket halph full , he told me of a real good hole there at the discharge but the discharge was running way to fast to get the weight to set. Oh and the skipjack are everwhere - jumping completly out of the water the hole time i was there. I didnt try for any because i havent got a place for them when i get home .Coach called again and he jawed my butt for not catching any :smile2: but they would just be a waste to me. Hey and here is a tip for yall -When you are driveing down to WDM look for the town of Gould - there is a highway 212. take that road to your left and it cuts off ALOT of miles than haveing to drive all the way down to Dumas and back across to WDM . And it takes you right to the park . Now this is only if you are comeing down 65 south. from Pinebluff .
    Im really looking foward to getting down there and shakeing all the hands of my good friends i have been talking to so long and have yet to meet . Kev the new thread is fine with me - Shoot this just started out with a few buddies getting together to do some fishing last year and it has really grown this year . Gotta love it . tops i would like to get Just one picture of all the members that we have attend this year for my photos - o ya billy Dont forget the camerra in the truck like i did last year , :smile2: we need some pics of the biggins- see yall
    Robert -tallmanrus

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Oh, Lordy Robert if the skips are running ya bet ya booty Dh will be there trying to catch a few before the gathering LOL got to love skipsw. Ya know last weekend we used them and that is the only thing we got a bit off of.Go figure! Catfish have always loved a stinky bait. I agree skips do stink!:wink::eek:oooh::tounge_out:

13. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    hey robert, DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA. sure looking like a good get together. i can hardly wait.

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    its like waitin Chistmas aint it.

15. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I think this is worse than waiting on Christmas, at least at my age LMAO. I can't wait to learn how to fish for the bigs ones from all of you since all I really have ever fished for was eating size cats, 2 to 10 lbs. It is always a blast catching fish and enjoying old and new friends as far as I am concerned and this is shaping up to be just such a trip.

16. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    tall ...... hiway 212 at gould ......... u didn't think i way lying did u ??????:confused2:

17. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Tall... that is the way I have always gone to the park and the dam and would have let you in on the route if I would have known you or anybody else did'nt know. sure sounds good that the skips are in I,m out again I think there is one or two we bought whll back. looking forward to coming down and doing some fishing and fellowship. its been a year or so sence i fished @ Dumas I love that area :cool2:

18. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    can't wait to see everyone there... and you too ray lol Only seventeen more days

19. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Back @ you kev bro-in-law:big_smile::smile2:

20. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm getting anxious too! I ordered some 7/0 kahle and 8/0 offset circle hooks yesterday - I figured that would get me started until I figured out what I really need or like to use. Hope to pick up some no rolls here locally.

Somebody tell me again what kind of jigs or rigs you use to catch skips.

Still holding myself back on getting another RR until I get to see some of yalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.