WCC/PICKWICK OCT 4 2008

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by j.bridges, Sep 25, 2008.

1. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Just wondering who all plans on fishing the WCC...I know alot of you guys are in kentucky fishing the King Kat classic..wish I was up there...good luck to everybody...

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    dont know what your talking about

3. Catfish Queen

Catfish Queen New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey Jason! Greg and I will definitely be there. We are finally getting some time off. Hey, how is the gas supply up there? We have had a shortage here in our area. Especially Anniston.

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Hey Kim! good to hear that ya'll are going to make it....as far as the gas its hit or miss...when do ya'll plan on coming up?

5. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama

Its the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF CATFISHING sponsored by the BPS BIG CAT QUEST....

6. Catfish Queen

Catfish Queen New Member

State:
    Alabama

We plan on getting up there on Wednesday Night.

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    :smile2: haha we will be there all i can say is fish on lol

8. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    who won the tournament?

9. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well it wasnt us tanner we made weigh in late but had enough to have been in the money . we had more than the last time i saw you . there was a 95 blue big fish . it was 120 something that won .

10. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i was there, the fishing was hot. there was teams that had to throw back fiffty pounders because of the rule of only two fish longer than 34 inches. i do know that 138 got 3rd, i think the winning total was about 170#. they paid 15 spots i think we were 16th. had a good fish in the boat but couldnt get any good kicker fish. but did have a good time. i think most of the big fish came out of wilson lake . i as most was fishing in 60- 85 ft. of water.

11. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well we know we had enough to place with out a doubt we had close to 80 pounds

12. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I can't remember who the winners were but they did have a 95lber and was pushing 170 in five.......as for me and my partner we finshed 12th....

13. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    It's pretty sad that the biggest catfish club in the world won't report on the Bass Pro Tournaments. Rumor has that just because Ken want become a sponsor the BOC won't list his tournament results? Anybody know if this is true? Please tell me I'm wrong and tell me why the BOC won't list any BP info?

14. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    BPS was part of the partnership a while ago but i never did see any results from any of the tournaments then. Maybe Ken has know one to cover all his tournamnets all the time or just relies on local reporters to cover the each tournament. Who knows? Probally should just get the answer from Ken himself instead of guessing.

15. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have a buddy who finished 7th. He was telling me how they had to throw back more 30lb+ fish than he has in his life, due to the slot limit. The bite was really hot. He was fishin in Wilson. Oughtta be real interesting when they head back in coupla weeks if the the bite is still on. No slot limit on the next one, if I am correct.

16. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama

yes you are correct.....don't have to go by the 34in law so there should be some heavy weights...I can't wait.......:wink:

17. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Just out of curiosity what techniques were being used with the top place finishers? Was every one drifting?

18. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    vertical trolling, I would say for most of the top weights.......... we got 10th with 102.3 lbs....we were vertical trolling in wilson 50-60ft

19. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    There are a lot of requirements that must be met to place your tournament results on here. We are proud that we have to opportunity to get the information to you guys through the BOC. Good things are happening in this sport and it is all because of you guys and gals talent and of course .......the fish!

20. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey guys, I just saw a new law that is going into effect 21 Oct 08 that limits you to 1 34in Blue or Flathead in possession in AL. I was looking for boating regs and found it. http://www.outdooralabama.com/fishing/freshwater/regulations/
    Can anyone confirm or debunk this?
    This will certainly change things a bit for tournys down there. Could be interresting to say the least.
    :confused2: