Ways to cook catfish?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by joe shmoe, Jul 14, 2007.

1. joe shmoe

joe shmoe New Member

State:
    sw pa
    i was wondering. what is everybodies favoret way to cook catfish.

2. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We like them Fried but sometimes we take the fillets and put them into the food processer and grind them up Then--we add a little salt, pepper,some onions and peppers- mix this up into patties-- you can then fry or bake the patties.
    Have a great and safe weelend.
    Walter

3. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    OK OK i left out the eggs and flour:angry:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like em fried the best ,but since im becoming a bit health concious I've been smoking the larger fillets,just sprinkle with your favorite seasoning and place in smoker set at 250* and smoke till the flesh is flaky mmmm good

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We have two favorite ways. Rolled in corn meal & Tony Cachere's seasoning and deep fried, and broiled with mayonnaise. Yeah, I know it sounds screwy, but give it a try. Season your fillets and place them on a broiling pan. (I cover it first with tinfoil to make cleanup easier. Spread about 1/4" of mayo on the top of the fillet. Place the pan as far away from the broiler as possible and broil till the mayo starts to turn dark brown. Check the fillets; they probably won't be done. Reset your oven to bake at 350 and bake till fillets are completely cooked.