wayne county tournament

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by rodney07, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    Has anyone heard anything about the tournament in wayne county this year?

2. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Wouldn't you know it, thats the same weekend as the Shrimp Festival on Amelia Island. As a cannoneer on the good ship "Amelia's Revenge" I have to spend that weekend playing Pirate !! Sure would have liked to take the kayak to the Altamaha and give the stink boaters a lesson on catfishing !!:wink:

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think they need to get on the ball,march ,April ,may offer the best fishing on the river if it's not flooding.:wink:

5. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Plowboy,
    My not so professional opinion is that in 2006 the tournament was on May 28th during the new moon, fishing didn't turn out to be that great cause we thought the fish had just moved on the nest following the full moon in May. Just an opinion. In 2007 the tournament was the first week of may during the full moon and there seemed to be a better turn out at the scale. The full moon in april is about the 20th and the same for may so I would think late april or early may for this one. Oh yeah, Jerry, I will look for you in that kayak if the tournament dates allow you to be there.
    Matt