Wax Worm Survival

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by Turtleracer, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    I picked up some wax worms and after fishing all day I still have about half of them (about 50) my question is this: How do you STORE wax worms?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    put them in the fridge. they will be ok as long as they dont get too warm.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    exactly where i keep mine... if the wife doesn't like it, you can sit them in the basement in a corner on the cool concrete floor as well:wink: goodluck, rollo

4. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    Thanks, I figured I could keep them in the refrigerator. But for how long will they keep?

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    they should keep for as long as you can keep them chilled. i have had 2 tubs of nightcrawlers that i have been using on and off for 2 months now, and every time i take them fishing they are still really lively. as long as you keep them cool they should keep for quite a long while.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey best way to store wax worm is keep them refigerated, they stay alive alot longer in a refrigerator, and there still alive and moving when you use them again.

7. TNYHWK1

TNYHWK1 Member

State:
    ROCKFORD ILLINOIS
    60 Days is as long as I have kept Waxies alive. When they turn dark I dig them out. I dont know if one dies, and you leave it in the tub it effects the others, but I pitch it out. Worms for a very long time. I know you have to get rid of the dead ones or the crawlers dont last long.