Waverly

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Jun 28, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Where is the new ramp at waverly? Several of us boc guys are fishing there on the 14th of july ,and i know where the old ramp is but thought the new ramp might not be so muddy (2 wheel drive)

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Only launched there once, so I can't tell you how to get there, but they're pretty close to each other.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thanks ,you should join us.

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    About how far is that from Springfield?

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    This is a cut and paste of someone elses directions to the new ramp. As I remember it, there is one ramp just to the east of the bridge, and another just to the west.

"I-70 to Hwy 65 exit 78 go north Take Hwy 65 to Waiverly. Just before the bridge take a right(east) on Thomas Dr. Go down the street past the last elevator to the very bottom of the hill. Cross the railroad tracks and turn left(north)."

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim and I are planning to be there also Robert. Come on up guys, the more the better. We can see who gets the most carp in there boat with out getting a black eye....:dribble:

7. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would use the west ramp. Instead of turning right, turn left and go down the hill, turn right and you can't miss the ramp. I fish out of a 20' Xpress and don't have any problem launching. I'm going to be fishing the cabela's tournament out of St. Joe that day. The following weekend (21st) Doc is having his tourney out of Waverly.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Not to Hijack this thread but ROBERT I have to ask about that HAWG Blue Cat in your avatar.

Tell me a fishin' story.

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri

One Is on the west side of hwy 65 and one is on the east. The new one is on the east side. It has a little more parking area but the ramp is not as wide and is a little steeper. I prefer the old ramp but it is sometimes hard to turn a extended cab truck and Twenty foot boot around do to some of the Idiots that don't know how to park. I used both of them last weekend without any trouble at all, the locals do a pretty good job at keeping the mud off.

10. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    If nothing changes looks like we are coming down Friday night also. It will be late before we get there around 8:30 so have a bunch of shad caught. I hope you have better luck then we had last Tuesday evening all we could find was them little ones that sift through your cast net. I will be bringing some creek chubs and perch. I will give you a call when we get close. See you then......

11. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I might try to make it up there if thats ok, been a long time since i got to do any real fishing on the river.

P.S. If i come i will bring plenty of bait!!

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Heck ya Ethan, will be good to see you again. Maybe we can even catch a fish or two.
    Jim and I will be there sat. morning I believe. Need to check with him to be sure. Are you bringing a boat? Should be room with us if not.

13. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    not sure yet if my dad will go or not, if he does we will bring ours. if he doesnt want to go i will be a non-boater.

14. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    As Troy said we'll be their sat. morn. around, 7.30, looking for cats, and may jump afew carp. Lyle, Waverly about 2hr. 15 min. from collins. If you need you can ride up with Troy and me.
    Jim

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    If you all are not doing anything this saturday come on up to lexington me and brandon are both bring our boat and try to catch a big one

16. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will have to check my work scedule. If I am not on call I will be there for sure, be a chance to meet some you guys. And its only twenty minute from home.
    :big_smile:

17. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'll probably be there early afternoon, going try and catch some live bait in the morning by the house and then I'll head over. I don't have anyone coming with me, so there's room in my boat if anyone wants to come up as a non-boater. If so, shoot me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call this evening or tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Branden

18. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    The river forecast for Waverley is at 13.7 now and saturday by 1.00 pm 15.2 looks like you guys might be catting on a pretty good rise, levels here in Saint Joseph has finally come back to normal at 8.6. Blues and Flattys are starting to hit now, must be coming off nest. Good luck

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hope theres less rain up there today then here Robert.
    Started last night and it's still coming down here.

See you all on the 14th.

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    It rained on us all day, but it quit in the evening. My FrogTogs are going in the trash, they were soaked through in the first couple of hours so we spent the night on the river soaked to the bone. Caught a couple of fish, though, one of them my PB flathead. Only 21#, but I'm getting there....How'd you guys do at Truman?