Watts Bar

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by limted, Jan 4, 2009.

1. limted

limted New Member

State:
    indiana
    I used to fish below the Watts Bars Dam Near 10 Mile Tennesse from shore but they closed it off to shore fishing on turbine side i reaaly miss it the good old days are gone everyone is running scared i wish they would reopen it i caught all types of fish there anyone fish there i havent been there for a while anyone know if they reopened it or not

2. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    It's been at least 4 months since I've been there, but it was still closed to bankfisherman. As far as I know you can only fish the lock side from shore.

3. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I TALKED TO A TVA COP AT THE DAM LAST FALL. HE SAID THERE WERE NO PLANS TO REOPEN. THEY SAID THE FIRE IN THE DAM THAT CAUSED THE CLOSING WAS AN ACCIDENT BUT I WONDER IF WE KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH.

4. battman

battman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i was fishing at the boat ramp below the dam last year as it was getting dark and tva police informed me you arent even allowed to fish at the ramp after dark,really bummed me cause i was starting to catch em left n right.

5. limted

limted New Member

State:
    indiana
    They are taking away all the good fishing spots from shore in tennesse i dont unerstand the watts bar thing near ten mile they wii let boats ancore against dam but wont let people fish on turbin side from shore if someone was goin blow the dam or something you could haul more explosive in boat then you could carry in hand from bank:crazy: what does everyone elese think i dont want them to stop boat just miss my good fishin hole

6. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I think it sucks. I have to drag my boat 65miles to fish there so I just stay away but that is exactly what TVA wants. It may have something to do with the radiation detectors in the lock but that is the other side of the river.

7. limted

limted New Member

State:
    indiana
    Does anyone know the phone number tva police watts bar i want to call them and ask what fishing acess is open i just talked to friends in crossville and they told me there were no fishing signs everywhere around springcity and ten mile im from indiana

8. Martin Rhodes

Martin Rhodes New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro, Tn
    1-800-824-3861
    865-632-3631

Definately 2 number to store in your phone.

9. Martin Rhodes

Martin Rhodes New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro, Tn
    With today's terror threats and technology they should at least have in place and classified trace detection equipment for all the streets in and near a dam including the ramps near a dam.

At least having the equipment in place if detection was made it would provide security/law enforcement personnel a means for determining if a person, object or vehicle needed to be screened further.

(Some of the truckers on here I' sure have encountered some trace detection devices at some of the Interstate Scale houses.)

Seems in the long it would pay for itself and would also warrant some funding money as well.

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

10. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    Just one more place TVA doesn't want you, along with Kingston Steam Plant and Bull Run Steam Plant. The folks at Melton Hill Dam, both the TVA Police and game wardens are great people. I fish there, they know me, no problems. :wink:

11. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    I fish there every other weekend on the lock side and never have a problem with TVA they ride by several times during a 6 hr fishing trip. Now they get upset if you get to close to the lock so just use common sense and you should be ok. Good luck