Wateree Yesterday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Dec 22, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Water low and muddy. No fish in Cedar Creek, couldn't even catch a perch.:smile2: Water was running good, seen skiff#1, i don't think he done much either. If you going down you better turn right.:wink:

2. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Have'nt had a chance to get down to Wateree since the CCC tourny a few weeks ago but a friend of mine that has a house on the lake said the water was very low and muddy. He told me that they drop the water every year like that in late December for a few weeks. I'm gonna try to start fishing Wateree pretty regular after the first of the year, I saw at the last tourny that I need to do a little more home work before the January Catawba Club tournament. Thanks for the Wateree report Dean!

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...the water was very low and muddy..."

It's actually about six inches over its taget elevation for this time of the year.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    (Probably wasn't muddy, either :wink:)

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    they drop the water for ramp an dock repairs

6. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    dean, your right there were no hungry fish in cedar creek alto we gave them a good chance. we had more hits in 3 foot of water than any other dept kinda weird for the middle of the day.

7. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    They were some good action down lake though:wink: Game ON!

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    any one else ever catch blues in shallow water in the day at wateree i have seen this also maybe they just follow the bait there any one else have any idea

9. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    screamnclickers were you fishing down there for catfish our are you just talking

10. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    i have seen the bait get right up on the surface at wateree this time of year when the water is really bad muddy and if the water is muddy the fish will stay higher in the water because the sun will warm this water pretty quick and the bait will come up and the cats will be with them.and even thow you can't see the difference if you lower your line in real slow you will notice alot of times the surface water is pretty clear for a foot or so then instant mud :crazy: i lived on the mississippi as a young fellar and if the water turned to the color of rust with just a few inches of visability we would drift bobbers set at less than a foot and tear the blues up in open water and along the river banks in water less than 2' or we would look for the point where you could see the water break line betqween clear and muddy and you will almost always find bait and fish stacked on that line.:wink:

11. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

I'm just talkin' :wink::confused2:

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....Game ON! ...."

:crazy:

Awwww....he read my posts!!

:smile2:

13. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    game on :smile2:

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    We caught a Giant about 50-60 yrd from were skiff #1 was but it was up to about 4 ft when we caught ours. Yea sometimes they look like sharks in the shallow stuff:smile2: